Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a chance to buy a 95 gsr w/jdm front conversion on it(no motor). what i need to know is, how hard is it to swap this front conversion to my current 96 gsr. i assume the hardest part would be the radiator support but those of you who put one on or have taken one off could maybe help me please. thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
personally i think that i would just swap the motor to the other car.

i dont have my conversion yet but if i had two cars, one with the conversion done and one with the engine, i would just swap the engine. that way you save on all the labor costs of swaping the front. and you dont have to paint your car if they are different colors

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm gonna look into obd2-obd1 conversion to see if this is a easier way. i wanted to drop a fresh jdm b18c1 in there instead but dont know when i'll get 4g anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i knew there was that much work but just didnt know if the process of taking one off would require you to do something different. for example...didnt want to cut just the exact length of the jdm radiator support only to find out you needed about 1/4 of an inch more in order for it to be welded on. has anybody done this conversion this way?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, you guys arent listening to what i'm asking. i'm not a newbie who needs to know how to convert my usdm into a jdm front. the teg i'm gonna buy HAS THE CoNVERSIoN, I NEED TO TAKE IT OFF THAT CAR AND PUT IT oN MINE. I KNOW HOW TO DO THE JDM CoNVERSIoN, I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THERES ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW BEFORE I TAKE IT OFF THE CAR I'M BUYING.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just follow the install in reverse on the link and when you cut the two bars that come down where the headlights sit, cut it as low as you can and cut yours as high as you can. That is the only thing i can think of on what you need to do.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks jawz, thats what i needed to know. i'm gonna look into the obd2-obd1 conversion to see if this would be easier to just drop my 96 motor into the 95 teg i'm buying. it is a theif recovery car so i just didnt want to have any suprises that will need to be replace here and there. but it is malino red and my 96 is a stinking green gsr so that might work to my advantage. anyone with more imput will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
All the sensors on the outside are the same(IF any one can correct me) But If it is just the motor you are dropping in you should be fine,but the distributor you will need a 95 obd1. It has been a while since I did that type of conversion and that is what I can remember that is diff

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
never mind...it was a dream that could have came true but it died when i just found out its no longer available to buy. 95 gsr no motor, no seats, with jdm front conversion all for $1200. thanks anyways guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts