Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking with going with a JDM engine, and don't quite know how it is installed. Since in japan they drive on the right side the wire harness is reversed and i don't see how it will work in a US Integra.

So if anyone has done this and knows what to do just let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a 99 GS and i'm thinking of going with a JDM Type R, although someone suggested the H22 which would also be a JDM

·
Registered
379 Posts
go with the b18c5, and u should b able 2 use either wiring harness, the 1 off ur gs(u will need 2 wire up the vtec though as the gs harness doesnt have the plug 4 it) or the jdm 1, i'm not as sure about the jdm harness though, it may b different but i dont think so

·
Registered
392 Posts
Showtime on Sep/18/02 said:
it's a 99 GS and i'm thinking of going with a JDM Type R, although someone suggested the H22 which would also be a JDM
unless u are an autocross racer go with the h22a. b18c5 is too expensive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks
but the problem is that my car was stollen and the harness was cut so i can't use the original 1.

But even though i get an original harness the plugs that usually run from your engine to the computer are running to the drivers side and not the passenger side and vice versa.

I was wondering if there was a way to reverse the wires from the JDM engine to make them go to their respective sides on a US Teg

·
Registered
392 Posts
Showtime on Sep/19/02 said:
Thanks
but the problem is that my car was stollen and the harness was cut so i can't use the original 1.

But even though i get an original harness the plugs that usually run from your engine to the computer are running to the drivers side and not the passenger side and vice versa.

I was wondering if there was a way to reverse the wires from the JDM engine to make them go to their respective sides on a US Teg
no u get new wire harnesses.

·
Registered
897 Posts
b18c6/7

just don't get smogged

·
Registered
897 Posts
they have 200 hp while we have 195...do they not?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Right, they have higher compression or something along those lines that gives them more power due to the fact that their high octane is higher than ours.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
is it Sep 20th 2002? how long have you all been members? how much reading have you done here? holy cow, Mike I totally get your frustration!

b series drop in, h22 require a lot more work. A LOT!
I won't get into the details
click here to search TI

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
JiggyKooAndy on Sep/20/02 said:
they have 200 hp while we have 195...do they not?
Engines from the other side of the ocean are measured in PS, not HP. The JDM B18C specR is rated at 200ps while the Euro and Aussie spec B18C6/7 are rated at 190ps.

I wouldn't rely on manufacturer's power ratings too much though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The japanese are able to run higher compression because they have 100 octane gas off the pump. I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the JDM b18c5 was rated at 220hp at the flywheel, and that they ran 11.5/1 compression ratio. Mike any ideas?

·
Registered
188 Posts
to answer all of your questions, here we go:
-To swap JDM type R into your integra, all you need is replace an USDM engine wireharness from either gsr or civic si harness. Everything else is all hook right in.
-The JDM type r and JDM gsr have the same engine code:b18c
-The only thing different is the block number for instance: JDM gsr start at 100000 up to 19999, never pass 200000 whereas JDM type R start at 20000 and up denpending on the year made.
-the JDM type R better than USDM due to higher compression, tranny (lsd ratio 4.785 final drive), header 4-1 2.5" collector, and for newer year such as 2000 and up, it built in Civic type R cams intake and exshaust.
-So let me break it down hp:
96-98 JDM type R 200 HP
99-2001 JDM type R 220 HP
JDM gsr 180 HP
USDM type R 195 HP
USDM gsr 170 HP

1 - 20 of 26 Posts