Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you with jdm front end conversions here in cali, have any of you gotten tickets for having them? Just wondering if there were any legality issues.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
i have heard of stories of geting pulled over for the headlights, mainly because alot of people Go HID or yellow lights or something. As long as you keep the stockish looking bulbs you wont get pulled over. Cops dont know the difference. They would ticket you for "modified headlights" or some other bullcrap

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
well this one guy on Honda Tech got ticketed for "crazy lights."

no joke

however, he had his yellow fogs on as well as his hids so im sure that drew enough attention as it is.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
akhom on Feb/01/06 said:
Actually if they know what to look for they will notice the headlights are not DOT approved and ticket you for that and make you correct it.

Anyone know someone who got a ticket for this? The reason I ask, is that I'd like to sometime in the future do a conversion. But if I was to get some kind of correction citation, it would be such a ***** and not to mention big waste of tiem and money just to correct.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
gsrevo on Feb/01/06 said:
I've driven around two years without a problem. Cops have pulled me over and never asked me about my front end ever.
I dont think most cops notice jdm front ends...or j-spec exterior parts/mods for that matter...unless its extremely different/noticeable than usdm stock parts. i never got pulled over (thank God), but i always got looks for my OEM optional kit/ITR spoiler combo...

·
Registered
15 Posts
as far as i see it if u just get a cop with nothing better to do then maybe he will find all the things he might be able to get you for. most the time i doubt they really are going to care about the lights. unless u get a retared ass one like my buddy were they are high and the cop says your spot lighting.... thats the lights they use to blockyour sight in your side mirriors so u cant see that well.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
never been questioned about mine even though it's been about a year...even after the accident the cop looked at my car and never questioned about the conversion...but yes, the headlights are not DOT approved but you got to get a prick of a cop to check that out...like my Sheriff that lives across the street from me, "If a cop pulls you over for a fix-it ticket, he really had nothing better else to do!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.