Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
There's no such thing as a JDM B18C5 motor. The B18C5 is the North American version of the Type R motor, it doesn't exist anywhere else. If he actually had a real JDM motor he would know that it wasn't a B18C5. Be careful what you find on Ebay.

·
Registered
389 Posts
haha i think it might even have a B18B1(or some b series non vtec) intake manifold. LOL.... from the looks of it?

what a bunch of BS

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
From the seller's payment instructions:

THANK YOU, AND CoNGRADULATIoNS. YOUR A PROUD OWNER OF A TRUE JDM PRODUCT.

Hmm, I wonder how old this kid is? I smell a scam.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I never find the point of these EBAY threads...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
the point is to warn many some of the bad things that come out of EBAY...if anyone does by this engine, hopefully not, they can sue this guy for selling the engine without proper information which i think is a fellony...not sure though...

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
emailing the bidders wont do anything. By law, bidding on a product legally binds them to purchasing that product. they should've asked and questioned others before bidding.

·
Registered
693 Posts
LT6916 on Sep/01/02 said:
emailing the bidders wont do anything. By law, bidding on a product legally binds them to purchasing that product. they should've asked and questioned others before bidding.
The auction has yet to end and the reserve has not been met...Emailing "Possible" winning bidders WILL warn someone this guy is full of BS and given the PROPER info on the motor.... They can AVOID this A-Hole !

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
But what if he is legit? He may not know how to spell, or what the engine really is, but it may actually be a JDM....ugh, what am I sayin, nevermind, hehe.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
What makes y'all think it's fake?? I mean I ain't criticizing and all, but what makes ya think so??

SurferX on Sep/01/02 said:
There's no such thing as a JDM B18C5 motor. The B18C5 is the North American version of the Type R motor, it doesn't exist anywhere else. If he actually had a real JDM motor he would know that it wasn't a B18C5. Be careful what you find on Ebay.
What would it be called then if it was a REAL JDM motor? Just a Type-R? There must be a code....

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think its called B18C spec R or something like that. Im not sure, im probably wrong so dont listen to me. But at least the engine in the picture has the JDM valve cover on it.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Your engine has a stamp on it to the left of the exhaust manifold facing right up that says the engine code. A JDM Type R motor would not say B18C5. I'm not sure if the 96specR had any numerical code after B18C or not, but it sure wasn't B18C5.

I'm not saying it's totally fake, but c'mon you got to be crazy to buy something as big as an engine from someone who doesn't even really know what it is. I'm guessing either the engine doesn't exist and it's a scam using a pic pulled somewhere else off the internet or the engine is stolen and all codes/serial numbers have been machined off which explains why the engine is facing backwards.

BTW I have a JDM valve cover too.

·
Registered
940 Posts
someone got an Ebay account? email the seller and ask him for another pic of the motor, a pic that aims right at the model number with a clear view!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
A good idea is to email the guy and ask to post a picture with today's newspaper beside it, then at least you can see if he actually has access to the engine or is just using pictures of something other than the real product. Doesn't protect you 100% but it's not a bad idea.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I didnt mean that the JDM valve cover made it legit or anything. I was just saying that at least hes scamming with the right picture.

·
Registered
136 Posts
most people on ebay steal other peoples pics ... not everyone has access to a digital camera.. he probably labeled it a B18C5 because that is what people are searching for when they want an R motor... The guy has good feedback as a seller and I think it would be wrong for you guys to e-mail potential bidders telling them that this guy is a scammer when it could be a purposful typo and a stolen pic...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts