Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this post might help a lot of you people w/ same header/exhaust setups as the odd 95 gsr. I got the jdm 4-1 header and was figuring out how much trouble it'd be to get that and a 2.5" cat installed on a 2.25" exhaust... it wasn't too bad

We first got the rusty bolds torched off by a shop. This is how we drove for a mile or so. Loud and ricerish as hell! i loved it!

Yeah... that stock header's not restrictive.

Left: JDM 4-1 2.5" header w/ carsound 2.5" cat (will be modified later on)
Right: Stock GSR header/cat

JDM is in y0

This is where the fun begins gettin the exhaust hooked up. They saw'd a good portion of the exhaust off to get the cat to fit.

This is them welding the new cat on, and re-welding some spots on the exhaust that were going bad.

This is it all done underneath. Worth the $65 IMO for all the sh*t they did.

Overall the gains i felt were awesome. You do have to mod the exhaust w/ this setup, have a shop cut it off. Any questions let me know.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
congrats! thanks for sharing your thrilling experience (I remember when I got my big header on and can definitely empathise big time. it was a thrill for me just to get rolling in the car immediately after the install too.).

I suggest when you get the chance that you may want to play with the overlap (adjustable cam gears) to optimize the timing for your scavenging and getting that peak torque to start around 5800 rpm. Secondly, I can't emphasize this enough, get the engine fuel tuned with the right VTEC switchover (see the dyno tuning article if you haven't read the way to get your best switchover point). it'll make the most out of that header.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah definetly. Thanks for the info and compliment.

Next in order will be i think some ITR cam's and im searching on cam gears, maybe ssr's. I also want a nice 4.7 final drive.

I think it'll be funny down the road if peeps ask questions about header fitments, i'll just have to link 'em to this thread so they can see the fun i went through. ( i think the most fun was drivin straight header... vtak sounds mad crazy then y0! lol)

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Scott,

You could always have it Jet Hot coated here locally for ~$150. Looks a hell of a lot nicer and would insulate it better.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Mmmmm, I can't wait to get my setup on my car...then it's time to save up for the dyno...

Nothing more rewarding than reaping the benefits of an upgraded exhaust system. Good job.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JustinKlemgold on Mar/02/04 said:
Nothing more rewarding than reaping the benefits of an upgraded exhaust system. Good job.
Yeah no kidding. To be honest i 'felt' more power than i even thought i would. I just thought it'd a lil different, but that stock gsr exhaust manifold must of been insanley restrictive. I can't wait to get on the dyno too. i got my B&M FPR installed, im gonna get some cam gears soon, and maybe ITR cams.

What do some of you stock/bolt-on gsr guys have ur FPR set at? Before tunning that is, cuz i forgot to put the gauge on first to see what stock was set at.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hmm, the height is not that bad? I saw a picture of Josh's ITR a while back where he dented his two bottom tubes on the header.

I'm already scratching my DC 4-2-1 header so I'm not so sure about stepping up to the JDM 4-1 (even though there's a good possibility I might end up getting it for fifty buckaroos).

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
MichaelDelaney on Mar/03/04 said:
there's no "stepping up"...they are practically identical.
You sure about that Tuan? the DC 4-2-1, by virtual of its 4-2-1 design, must have better ground clearance than the JDM 4-1, unless there's something unique in the JDM 4-1 design that I haven't seen. The stacked primaries on the JDM 4-1 obviously must give worse ground clearance, no?

I really wish for the JDM 4-1 to have okay ground clearance, same as my DC 4-2-1. I really need the power =)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.