Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used JR supercharger kit for my GSR .
I need the installation manual. If any of you guys have the manual please let me know. I'm willing to pay for it.
Thanks

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
hmm
contact the company, they still exist
or search google, im sure its out there somewhere

not to sound rude, but its the thing i would have done...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Alex, thank you so much, iv been looking all over for the OP, and only came up with one for RX-7. lol

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
and to anyone that runs across this thread:

i cannot stress enough this: FULLY READ the manual, maybe a few times, BEFORE starting the work

learn from mistakes made during my install, there are parts in the manual where it'll be like "remove this and remove that" and then *later* say "these steps not necessary for GSR install"

and on the used kits, you may need to extend wires on your own if you didn't get the extension harnesses with the kit.... and the manual makes it out to be that it is *only* the MAP sensor wiring that needs lengthening.... i had to extend 3 or 4 harnesses worth of stuff, there was absolutely no way the stock harnesses were long enough

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
if you post or send me a picture of everything you have, i may be able to help you determine "complete"-ness of the kit.....

my kit was sold to me as "complete" and it wasn't even close

i've got 26 pics of the install of mine, see this post and posts after it....

oh btw, if you don't have a second MAP sensor and need one (the ECU can't "see" boost where it's located now), i have an extra laying around i'd sell you for a good price

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dibs on the kit when you want more power. Just kidding!
Seriously, good luck with the install. Let us know how it went!
I have been thinking about this for a long time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you post or send me a picture of everything you have, i may be able to help you determine "complete"-ness of the kit.....

my kit was sold to me as "complete" and it wasn't even close

i've got 26 pics of the install of mine, see this post and posts after it....

oh btw, if you don't have a second MAP sensor and need one (the ECU can't "see" boost where it's located now), i have an extra laying around i'd sell you for a good price
I'll take pics of the kit and i'll let you know on the second map sensor.
Thanks again.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Two things I see right away you're missing (but to note: I'm impressed how "complete" the kit is):

- fpr relocation plate, it spins the hose of the FPR off the JRSC manifold
- new fuel pump... Your stock one can't keep up with this 550cc injectors

Also, look into going 8 lbs via the CRV crank pulley.... I so regret just not making that upgrade out of the gate

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Steve
I have a walbro fuel pump on the car already.
how about the secondary map sensor your talking about?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Two things I see right away you're missing (but to note: I'm impressed how "complete" the kit is):

- fpr relocation plate, it spins the hose of the FPR off the JRSC manifold
- new fuel pump... Your stock one can't keep up with this 550cc injectors

Also, look into going 8 lbs via the CRV crank pulley.... I so regret just not making that upgrade out of the gate
FPR Relocation kit isnt "needed". I didnt use on. It will provide a cleaner look tho.

And times a bagillion on the crv pulley. Im now debating on going back for more boost

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
FPR Relocation kit isnt "needed"
i dunno... without it, which i ran with for a few weeks, the gas line rests against the IM... that cannot be a good thing long term..... it's like playing with fire, literally

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got a question. I need to go get my emission soon.
Can i run the supercharger without the belt? Would the motor run right for emission?
I'll use the stock injectors and stock ecu.
The motor is out of the car and i want to put the supercharger in the motor while it's out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts