Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if there short ram intake is tapered? also does anyone know any short ram intakes that are tapered, im goin SC and im plannin my set up and just gettin prepared to purchase in the near future

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was taking a look at it, what differences do you think there would be with the j's short tapered compared to a aem short ram on a supercharged car? where would you gain or loose power and how much of a difference does it make?

·
Registered
68 Posts
sorrie to jump in on this..but what is tapered....??? cursious b/c planning on going JRSC also....didnt know that there was a difference between JR's intake and a regular short ram intake.....thought they were all the same....

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Because the JRSC sits the factory throttle body slightly lower than the stock position. Therefore, my shortram is sitting kind of oddly in my engine bay. It works, but its not a perfect, snug fit.

I'm assuming that the JR intake is somehow modified to correct this problem.

knightridergsr, I would recomend the Comptech Ice Box if you haven't already gotton an intake. Get the one made for the JRSC though if you plan on SC your car. That way you get a perfect snug fit and its still drawing in colder air than the regular short rams.

I'll be getting one of these once I'm, due for my next smog check (which is next year) because they won't even bother testing my car if my intake doesn't have a CARB EO#.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
knightridergsr on Sep/10/02 said:
i was taking a look at it, what differences do you think there would be with the j's short tapered compared to a aem short ram on a supercharged car? where would you gain or loose power and how much of a difference does it make?
tapered intakes generate more velocity earlier than constant diameter short ram intakes like the AEM. Yeah you definitely want a short ram with a JRSC. Don't know about the fitment issue for the J's and the lower mounting position of the SC though. You may have to do some relocating of the A/C.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey sak if i wanted to get the JRSC comptech icebox intake can i put it on even though i dont have my supercharger yet without it bein a bad fit?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
That I don't know for sure. You'll probably be better of waiting until after you get the JRSC. You are more than welcome to be a guinea pig though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts