Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this has never happened to me before with any car of mine, but I went to go lift the car up to change wheels, and the rear jack points collapsed and sunk into the car a bit.. rockers looked to be pretty rusty also, might be time to visit car heaven.. anyone else have this problem? any help would be awesome!

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
If the jack point collapsed, it's time to invest in steel replacement rust repair, or accept that the frame is starting to become swiss cheese and scrap the body before someone gets hurt.

Find a clean shell and move everything over?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what all would have to be done exactly like what would have to be cut out and replaced? its really too bad because the rest of the car really is immaculate!

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
so what all would have to be done exactly like what would have to be cut out and replaced? its really too bad because the rest of the car really is immaculate!
Give it a really good once-over. I bet it's not immaculate if the frame on the sills is rotted that badly.

It's major surgery, and will run you thousands of dollars at a good body shop. Complete interior removal, body wire harness removal, door removal, cutting and welding from the door frames to the floor pan, all on a chassis jig to make sure the body remains straight when you cut out large portions of critical crash structure for replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts