Team Integra Forums banner

Iv got a 93 Integra GS wondering if .....

683 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  93-TeG 
#1 ·
im wondering if that slot underneath the stock tape deck can be used for a cd player without haveing to take out my tape deck..or do i have to take out tape deck and put the cd player in that slot....iv considered those cd/tape decks but there a bit pricy .....

#4 ·
I have a '99 GSR, so this might not apply perfectly. The blank spot is where you could add on a CD player to your car; in mine it's for a tape player (CD standard). The factory add on CD player and tape player should be the same size and mount the same. If you get a factory CD player it should integrate with the factory deck (factory deck still controls volume, etc.) crutchfield.com sells some players made by USA SPEC ($199) that integrate with the factory decks that are probably cheaper than the dealer. Call them and tell them what you are trying to do. If you want to keep the factory deck and use an aftermarket CD player, the mounting/wiring will be more involved, and you will probably have to get a player that modulates the CD sound onto a FM station. You will lose sound quality this way. The dealer and Crutchfield units should pretty much be plug and play, aftermarkets won't be. I would either go the factory route or replace the entire head unit. Call Crutchfield: 1 800 955-3000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.