Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After one and a half months, my Integra lives again. God, i missed this POS. :DJust thought I'd share.

Story; mis shifted a while back (90 MPH in 2nd is bad, remember that), and ever since then it's been delay after dealy. Hell, even tonight when we were putting it back together, i sliced most of my hand open, and hadda go to the hospital for 5 stiches. But the damn thing works again, and i can't be happier. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
stiches were worth it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its got a few kinks i'm going to try to work out today. needs an ECU reset, oil change, etc. little stuff. But it feels really good, so i'm happy with it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That's great to hear.

BTW - which hand was it?
I sure hope those bandages don't make you mis-shift AGAIN...cuz that would REALLY suck!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yeah welcome back!!! Feels like you were away from home, huh?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, i was driving an auto accord (92, LX).

And i cut my left hand.Which sucks because i don't have any power steering (that sh*t's for pusies anyway ;) ) so it hurts when i drive.

Gotta change the oil tommorow. And the coolant. And fix the fuel rail. And.....

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Just curious... how the hell did you get it into second at 90 MPH? That is the hardest gear to get into even if you're SUPPOSED to be in it!

·
Registered
480 Posts
dont try it, it will become a habit. it happens when you BANG the 3-4 shift. sometimes you go to throw the 3-4 shift and end up bringing it straight back and it very naturally falls into 2nd at 8000rpm shooting the revs to the moon. if you have trouble with this, try feeling the inner right most part of 4th's H in the linkage. this way, you may feel where reverse is. do not worry about hitting reverse... there is no synchronizer and very hard to engage that gear. I always shift diagonally back to the right when I go from 3rd to 4th and never miss into second anymore. that is the easiest way to bend valves... ask me how I know...

glad to hear you have your car running again. be sure and have your AFR checked when you can that way you know you are not running lean for any reason. that is the only advice I can give you, hopefully all your tq specs on the head bolts and cam bearing caps are to spec. I hope your engine lasts a LoNG time!

kudos

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i went from 5th to 2nd, pulled it over a bit too hard on the downshift. ACtually tapped the shift gate real quick, and it slid into 2nd as my foot came off the clutch.

And my worse gear is 5th. I think i'm killing the synchros with my redline in 4th-> 5th shifts :eek:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Daaamn Brian, do I have to come up there and give you driving lessons?
I should be knocking on wood 'cause I slammed into second by mistake at about 50-65 and got away with it (racing).

Looks like things will work out, which I am most glad for you....duuuuuuuude.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bones on Sep/30/02 said:
Daaamn Brian, do I have to come up there and give you driving lessons?
I should be knocking on wood 'cause I slammed into second by mistake at about 50-65 and got away with it (racing).

Looks like things will work out, which I am most glad for you....duuuuuuuude.
Irony is that it happened to me after i made fun of someone else for mis-shifting. Karma can be a biiiiiitch sometimes.:eek:

BTW, how's goin?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts