Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out the Type R's I was looking at locally all turned out to be salvaged titles. I knew the prices were too good to be true.

Looks like Im stuck with the LS for awhile. :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
Whats wrong with a salvage ITR? Depends why its salvage, a car could be salvage b.c. of theft, vandalism, accident, anything....How much are they asking? as long as the motor is legit I dont mind having a salvage title...drops price a little when you sell it but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish I could afford that jojo.

They were all salvaged because of severe wrecks. When I am ready to buy my Type R I want one thats in mint condition and never been in an accident.

To me its worth the wait. I'm sure alot of people will agree. :)

Furious94LS on Feb/18/04 said:
Not for nothing, but if im gonna invest in a Type R I want it to be a virgin.
HaHa see! He posted that I was typing my response!

·
Registered
874 Posts
"drops price a little when you sell it but you get what you pay for."

ImphortRacer you made your post pretty confusing by ending it with that statement. I agree though...If the car has the salvage title because some jerk kicked his rear panel and it had to be replaced...would that really be a problem if you're getting to buy a genuine R for cheap?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Salvage title is great IMO if youre buying a car that you really want and do not plan on selling. I got my 2000 GSR with only 30K for $9000
. Ofcourse I dont plan on selling my GSR so Ill just drive it to 300k miles!

Man def pick up on that Type R is it just has a salvage. Who cares youre not going to sell it anytime soon andjust check everything out, make sure its b18c5 and youre getting a good deal! BTW just exactly how much was that Type R?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
My uncle works with salvage cars and some of them had no damage and had salvage titles simply because they were stolen and were not found in time. By the time they were found the insurance company had already paid out the money and they were sent to the salvage auctions. As long as it wasnt a flood and the engine is in tact then it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Furious94LS on Feb/18/04 said:
if im gonna invest in a Type R I want it to be a virgin.
True. Other thing is that if you will keep it forever then that is fine, but if you are going to sell it, it doesn't matter if it is only for theft, salvage is salvage. Maybe person to person they will understand it, but try to trade it in through the dealer and most of them will give you salvage price.

·
Registered
535 Posts
you guys make me laugh! just because A car is not salvaged does not mean it's never been in a wreck

if you wreck a car and it's not reported, and you got your best bud at a auto body shop helping you out to bring this back to original appearance, no one will ever know it was wrecked, and even so, lets say I did this and the car's up for sale, unless I'm a complete dumb ass I'm not going to tell you this car was ever in a wreck!

there's something to think about!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I read somewhere that through some process, you could change the title of a car from Salvage or Reconstructed to a clean title. So in my opinion, as long as the car is in tact and everything is working.....who gives a F*ck if it's salvaged or not.

Just my 25 cents

·
Registered
289 Posts
Actually, if you have someone who is experienced in bodywork, they can tell it has been wrecked. Especially if the frame is bent, on most totalled cars. If it is a minor wreck, a lot of the times it isn't a big deal. I dunno about buying a wrecked Type R though, if it was a theft salvage title and still had the B18C5, then that would be great. A lot of the times thats not the case...

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
integragsr6 on Feb/18/04 said:
I read somewhere that through some process, you could change the title of a car from Salvage or Reconstructed to a clean title. So in my opinion, as long as the car is in tact and everything is working.....who gives a F*ck if it's salvaged or not.
Just my 25 cents
all these titles and how they are assigned vary by state. I've never heard of a state letting people get to a clean title from a soiled one. Even if it is repaired and inspected it retains the soiled title- otherwise what would be the point of other title types?

·
Registered
793 Posts
meconfu5ed on Feb/18/04 said:
all these titles and how they are assigned vary by state. I've never heard of a state letting people get to a clean title from a soiled one. Even if it is repaired and inspected it retains the soiled title- otherwise what would be the point of other title types?
True. So if it is a salvage, it is a salvage. It doesn't matter how rare is the car or the value. It doesn't matter if it is a ferrari or a type R. If it is a salvage the value will drop.
Now it is your decision, 2 questions involved here:
1) Are you going to keep the car for long that in the long run when you sell it, price won't matter?
2) Are you going to be bother that in the near future you will lose a lot when you sell this car cause it is a salvage?

If you choose number 2, then don't listen to those people that doesn't care if it is a salvage. They are not the one who is going to buy it and have a headache in the future. It is you.

Guys it doesn't mean it is a Type R it is already a god's gift to humankind. There is a lot of things need to be consider when buying a salvage. one of my family member has been there and trust me it is a headache to get rid of it. If you are ready to lose a thousand and thousands of dollars go for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.