Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got an oem itr wing from a HT member. and since i have an LS with no stock wing i have to drill holes. should i drill from bottom up or top to bottom?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, i looked up itr wing install and it didnt say how to install it. how would i mark the places on the top?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Doesn't the itr wing come with screws on sticking out of the base? Just press it down hard on the place you want to install and it makes circle marks and that's where you drill.

·
Registered
30 Posts
First off use masking tape and tape off the top section where u will be drilling, that way u would scratch ur paint and ur paint wont chip or crack when ur drilling.

Then take the smallest drill bit u have and drill from the bottom, to make a pilot hole for yourself, that way u can see where the holes are suppose to go.

Then drill from the top and use a bigger bit until u get to the desired size of a hole u need.

AND TAKE UR TIME

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
pnoytegn707 on Jan/22/06 said:
there should be 4 premarked holes on the ls trunk underneath drill bottom up
exactly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
look under your trunk man....there are two holes on each side...you just need to drill them all the way through...theyre pretraced....youll see em

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh i notice them but i was wondering if there would be any metal excess that would curve up along with when i drill it

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Drill from bottom up...common sense when the holes are already outlined for you. Also, start with a small drill bit then gradually get bigger...that way you wont get any metal shavings sticking up.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
icemanxlb on Jan/22/06 said:
Doesn't the itr wing come with screws on sticking out of the base? Just press it down hard on the place you want to install and it makes circle marks and that's where you drill.
don't listen to him..hahaha

like everyone said, you have premarked holes on the bottom of your trunk if you open it up, drill from there through. The metal is thin so no biggie. If it sticks up hit it down with a small hammer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.