Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reasons beyond me, Honda of America no longer sells ITR Intake Valvesprings. They're nice enough to inform me of this AFTER they screw up my order and sell me the rest of the ITR valvetrain. So now i've got a $600+ bill, a box of parts and nothing that i can do with it.

Anyone know where i can get a set of ITR Intake valvesprings. All the places i look online only sell the full set. :mad: I hate Acrua, I hate Honda and I hate my car.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AH has 'em in stock for anyone that might need the same. 10 bux/spring; 160 total.

on order; downside, won't be here till monday, so ANOTHER week without my car.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
good things comes to those who wait...another cliche...patience is a virtue....another cliche...haste makes waste...want me to go on? LOL

Rush and I want it now and you may end up rushing into a huge mistake.

I also love the "I need HELP or this part ASAP by tomorrow !!!" posts...you know that person is outa control and heading for disaster in a hurry.

That or some salesperson is pressuring you the customer into buying by the next day or within the next hour or it's gone...play on people's emotions and greed...another pressure sales trick that I hate...as soon as they start doing that ****, I walk away.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't tell me about patience. The car went down 1 month and a half ago and was supposed to be up in 2 weeks, tops. It went down 3 days after being down a week waiting on brake pads to come in due to ANOTHER shipping error. I'm tired of ineptitude in the people who ship things to me.

I didn't order these in a rush, they were ordered through a friend of mine at anotehr dealership. They had a FULL list of what to order, parts numbers and all. They truncated it on their own i guess and didn't feel the need to tell me when i picked the order up. I found the missing parts when i got the parts back to my house. I called to order the rest and they damanded a VIN number from a ITR before they'd fix the order they screwed up. After the long weekend i provide the VIN number and only THEN do they decide to actually check and tell me the parts aren't available in the US. Had they told me when i first asked for the parts, picked them up, or even called back asking where they were; everything would be ready to go back together THIS weeked for the 3rd SCCA race i'm going to miss due to this crap. Instead i have to wait until at LEAST Monday. I've had delays from the people that helped me take the head off the car, the people who diagnosed what i needed to fix it, the parts, the missing parts, and probably alot more before its all over and done with. I'm way past the point of patience.

·
Registered
480 Posts
hope you work it out soon, dont stay angry it will make lines on your face
Ive been down 3 times this year, this last time it took me 1.5 weeks to find an assemble a longblock, pull the motor, get any additional parts ordered, finish the job and still had time to deal with an ACT clutch that was dead prematurely, etc. you arent the only one with issues. you will feel much better when your setup is back on the road.

·
Registered
480 Posts
MD FYI: Naples Acura no longer does the performance stuff since Mike K has gone on to other things. If you speak of the same Mike being at IPS racing, then cool thats news to me. Mike K hooked me up several times with parts including the ever elusive ITR Yellow spring.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
that's pretty standard in this business. people say 2 business weeks as a standard line and cross their fingers and toes when they say it. If you were a big race team with tons of sponsorship cash flowing in and paying them big bucks, then they would hustle their ass to meet a deadline. They have a lot to lose if they don't and there are consequences if they don't. For us little customer peons with less than $5K to spend, the 2 week thing gets you in their door and they have you.

If it's a slow month then they'll probably make the deadline. If it's a nutso month, you can expect a 2 week delay minimum.

I'd rather that they do it right rather than rushing and screwing up my engine. My engine rebuild schedule was totally messed when Honda decided that they should have a rod bearing backorder problem in the middle of the summer. Nice. You couldn't wait until the off season in the winter to have a rod bearing backorder right? And this was a worldwide shortage...I called the States, Europe, Australia...forget it man...SOL.

I hear you. I've been pissed and let down before in my history with this hobby. Way back in nineties, my DPR head came back 8 weeks delayed (3 weeks due to customs issues). Recently, my engine rebuild was 6 weeks delayed (reason stated). Oh and then there was the Toda Spec B cam timing belt jump and chipped intake cam fiasco....I won't get into that now but that was a nice surprise (right Ron?)... Sometimes you gotta go with the flow man...no sense in getting your blood pressure up and dying young from self-imposed stress. Getting angry and worrying is used up energy going towards no constructive creation or action...

good luck when she's all together the way you want it...on a plus note: 10 buckaroos per spring and 1 week sure beats paying for a whole set (half of which you don't need)....

I like to end on a positive note if I can and when the situation permits...most of the time I'm just pissed off that I have to answer the same question over and over again...LOL...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nacho, i have a brand new set of ITR intake valve springs for sale... i will sell it at a good price (much better than 160).. too good to be true? nah.. this is an extra set that i have and i want to get rid of.. hopefully it will end your torment... lmk if you're interested... feel free to email me

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My car's not at a shop, its in my garage. I have people that can and do help me with my car, usually VERY quickly. Its just that this time, the people they're going through are the problems, so its a little odd. Oh well, it'll get back together eventually i guess.....

Sucks too, i've REALLY wanted to play w/ the Victoracers i got (irony; they got delivered 2 days after the car broke, late due to shipping problems). :-/ And ToDa03; sorry man, I already ordered the Springs from AHmotor.com

And the biggest cause for anger is my loaner car dosen't have a CD player. God i hate the radio. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts