Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now this may seem stupid but i just want to make sure. i bought a type r axle back and im wondering/i think that it a higher flow than my ls, can u guys just assure me

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
It doesn't matter....you just bought the axleback...it's like sticking a firehose onto the end of a garden hose...that's it.

once you complete the whole system....header, cat, catback...then you will reap the results of the ITR axleback which is a higher flowing muffler than the rest of the Integra line.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
KIdwithnocar on Feb/03/04 said:
will a 3rd gen type-r exhaust fit the 2nd gen?
Gen 2 exhausts end on the left side. Gen 3's end on the right side. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
From what I have read and I cannot remember where (probably Motor Trend or something) The ITR muffler flows 30% better than an LS muffler.

Do not quote me on this. It is a good alternative to an aftermarket muffler if you want some performance gain and not the sound. Header,cat, and catback will give you the most gain.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've read the 30% more flow from the ITR exhaust too. I not sure if it was just the muffler though. I think it was the entire exhaust system that had the increased flow.

I've had an ITR catback for over a year now and am very happy with it. The sound increase isn't too much and I got it for a good price. I haven't taken out the bottlenecks yet, but I'll do it one of these days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
96dc2 on Feb/04/04 said:
Quote: KIdwithnocar on Feb/03/04will a 3rd gen type-r exhaust fit the 2nd gen? Gen 2 exhausts end on the left side. Gen 3's end on the right side. Just something to consider.
what i would probily do is but a gen 2 gsr headers and b-pipe with the 3gen type-r catback on there

of course it might need fabricaion but i could do that in my shop

1 - 18 of 18 Posts