Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
there's also another reason, it's quench. thicker head gaskets reduce swirl in the chamber and actually could promote detonation due to the slow down in air speed.

personally, the one thing i don't understand about this build is why the ramhorn? it's a manifold that's capable of making a lot more power than a stock R bottom end will take and it forces you to give up a full size radiator. that later part is my real *****.

for a street car i'm really sold on inline pro. they are cast, run cooler, don't crack and allow you to retain a full size radiator.

love the oil pan though, i have the same one. it actually has the baffle honda should have used in production

by the way, what turbo is that? could just be the angle of the pic but it looks small. i HOPE it's not a .48ar with a small inducer. that will seriously choke the top end

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm definately not going for huge amount of boost since I want quick spool for the occasional road racing and planning on the 95 octane pump gas only.
Alright another R going boost!! I am too so i'll subscribe to yours. I just want to add my two cents tho. I don't think this setup is going to give you the quick spool you want man. My old setup on C5 pistons/cams/IM was IMO laggy for me when I ran it at the road course.

Here's my dyno on 10lbs @ 5,600 ft elevation. My setup was T3 60. trim turbo, GSR block with ITR internals top/bottom so i think you may have a similar resulst.

I'm undergoing boost too for my R but looking for a smaller turbo this time. Given the right powerband I am very sure I can easily beat my old car with 30whp less peak power.

I'm subscribing to your thread =)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts