Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read a few of the old posts on spoon parts, i never saw anything about the tranny though. i was wondering the difference between it and a stock itr, is the spoon that much better,(dont take price into concideration, i just want to know how well they would perform and the durabillity of both)

·
Registered
31,217 Posts

bling, bling

it is just a jdm itr tranny that has been taken apart and blueprinted for the clearances and tolerances the factory specifies.the only difference between the jdm itr tranny and the usdm one is the 4.785 final drive. All other gears are identical. You can purchase a usdm itr tranny, jdm 4.785 fd separately, and have a local tranny shop blueprint the unit for way way less than the $1750 US that Spoon is asking you to fork out for it. Actually these days, people are going with the ATS 4.9 fd instead.

It's like buying a Timex watch and having the watchmaker at your local jewelry shop check it and then pay for it with the same cost as a Rolex. Oh yeah, then, they put the Rolex sticker on the Timex. Replace Timex with stock Honda tranny and Rolex with Spoon and you see the parallel.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I'm sure any of the many places that import used jdm engines will have the jdm tranny...bling, bling, kaching, kaching....

just doing a quick search now on my search engine I found these...

eg.

http://www.nippon-motors.com/index.htm

local junkyards or national recyclers would be another logical place to search under on your own like this one:

http://www.haprecycling.com/

there was a report on one of the Honda boards a year back that Jerome Soh or an employee had been arrested and charged with selling stolen parts from his site and therefore his site ,which sells used honda/acura parts (sohfast.com), has been boycotted by some because they'd rather be a part of the solution than be a part of the problem. I don't know whatever came out of that though (ie. whether he pleaded guilty or was innocent).

I haven't done business with any of these sites so I can't tell you if they're any good or not customer service wise but it's pretty easy to find these sites on a search engine. Your best bet is a local junkyard where an ITR has been wrecked in an accident. Maybe some members who have done business with the major sites can comment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts