Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, today i finnaly got my car in working order after it spend the weekend on jackstands with me workin on swapping out the tranny. the gen 3 clutch replacement article was extreemly helpful.

so after bleeding my brakes (ha dont ask) and filling up the itr tranny i let the car warm up and took it out for a quick test drive around my block. felt good, nothing broke, so i parked it in my driveway and checked to make sure nothing was leaking. i let it sit for a few mins then came back out and everything looked great.

then i headed out for test drive #2. driving around town it is no different than the ls tranny (except for at stop signs w/the lsd)... untill you hit 3rd gear, and then if you are use to an ls tranny you begin to think that you are still in 2nd gear. 4th and 5th are much the same. im still adjusting to the short gears but in all honesty they are way to short for an LS that is a daily driver. i was at 3500 rps doing roughly 62-64 mph? shifting at redline will drop you back down to about 5000 rpm.

The lsd is great tho. it will take some time for me to get use to it, but wow... that is all i can say... wow. even with my all season tires i was cornering as well as i was w/my old paradas (pre-lsd).

the true test will be next tuesday or thursday when i get to take it out on the track

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
thats cool man.. Ive had my LS w/ITR tranny for 6 months now and i love it!!! freeing up the RPM is good to get to fully utilize that tranny on the LS... favorite thing wit this tranny is the LSD and the Final drive... the acceleration is niice... tell us how it goes on the track...

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
person11 on Mar/31/04 said:
How much did you get this itr tranny for? Sounds fun

1250 shipped.

Quote: PiNoYInTeGra on Mar/31/04 thats cool man.. Ive had my LS w/ITR tranny for 6 months now and i love it!!! freeing up the RPM is good to get to fully utilize that tranny on the LS... favorite thing wit this tranny is the LSD and the Final drive... the acceleration is niice... tell us how it goes on the track...
do you do lots of highway driving? hows the gas mileage hold up?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Man Im doing that swap this summer/ having someone do it for me cause Im going from auto to the Type R tranny. gotta love it

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
its a nice trans i got a buddy here with an SI tranny IE ITR minus LSD, and its pretty quick. My LS hangs dead even till bout 100mph though

·
Registered
626 Posts
PhantomTEG on Mar/31/04 said:
its a nice trans i got a buddy here with an SI tranny IE ITR minus LSD, and its pretty quick. My LS hangs dead even till bout 100mph though
What do you mean, compared to what car?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
dougw101 on Mar/31/04 said:
Quote: PhantomTEG on Mar/31/04its a nice trans i got a buddy here with an SI tranny IE ITR minus LSD, and its pretty quick. My LS hangs dead even till bout 100mph though What do you mean, compared to what car?
compared to my friends LS with SI tranny
I've got an LS with quaife LSD

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
You're gonna be in mid 14s I bet Jack. I dunno if you meant road racing track or the strip...The LSD will shine at the road racing track I am sure.

Congrats on the swap!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
SurferX once posted a fuel map from hondata, that shows that throttle position adds more fuel than higher rpm. So gas milage shouldn't be that much worse. =)

·
Registered
890 Posts
The lsd will show int he 60' at the dragstrip as well, but as all thigns its a give take, take in the 60' give for the extra rotational mass in the far end. Either way, glad to hear about man.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JustinKlemgold on Mar/31/04 said:
You're gonna be in mid 14s I bet Jack. I dunno if you meant road racing track or the strip...The LSD will shine at the road racing track I am sure.

Congrats on the swap!
thanks man,

check the sig? is there any question what tracking i was talkin about

im hopeing for 15.0ish. i honestly dont think its that much faster than it was, but ive only driven it 3 times...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sounds interesting, congratulations hope it works as well as planned. Something im gonna look into a bit more since mine is starting to feel a little worn out, I was thinking Kaiten 8lb. flywheel and exedy clutch but with a few more hundred I could do the ITR tranny, which would seem more worth while.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
98integraLs on Mar/31/04 said:
Quote: person11 on Mar/31/04How much did you get this itr tranny for? Sounds fun 1250 shipped.

Quote: PiNoYInTeGra on Mar/31/04thats cool man.. Ive had my LS w/ITR tranny for 6 months now and i love it!!! freeing up the RPM is good to get to fully utilize that tranny on the LS... favorite thing wit this tranny is the LSD and the Final drive... the acceleration is niice... tell us how it goes on the track... do you do lots of highway driving? hows the gas mileage hold up?
Ya well with the new gauge cluster im at 140km at 5k which is roughly around 80mph... and gas mileage i get abuot 450km to the tank which is abuot 280miles to the tank... well i also have crower 403's w/ the fpr set at 40psi..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts