Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an itr spoiler from spoiler depot and i want to put it on myself, my car came spoilerless so i'll have to drill, but i'm not sure where the marks are that i'm told are already there, im not sure what to look for , can some one post a pic plz?

·
Registered
464 Posts
i would recommend having a body shop install it for you. i doubt it will cost a lot because your spoiler is already painted assuming you selected that option at spoilerdepot.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
i did mine myself its pretty simple. if you look on the inside of your trunk there are 2 circles on each end of the trunk thats approxamately where you drill you should measure and mark where to drill anyways though but itll be pretty close to the centre of both circles, have fun with this

·
Registered
133 Posts
Make sure you have someone help you with this. It'll make it so much more easier than doing it yourself. There should be two marks on each side of the trunk lid that show you where you should drill the holes. Spoilerdepot also comes with these black screws called "set screws" that you screw into the spoiler (not all the way) and you make tiny marks with it on your trunk lid to give you an idea of where to drill. Be careful when doing this because it is very easy to scratch up your trunk if the set screws are moved while on the trunk. After drilling the holes, be sure to apply touch up paint to prevent rust. Be sure to apply the gasket material to the area where the spoiler meets the trunk to prevent rust and water from getting into your trunk. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm going to intalle the ITR spoiler and i suspect that my car been bondo. Is it a wise idea to drill a hole through bonda? Will is crack or chip? any suggestion?

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you drill lightly not too much pressure it shouldnt crack, but i dont recommend mounting the spoiler through any bondo. hopefully NOT all the 4 spoiler holes go through it. 1 or two may be alright. just hope ur paint over the bondo doesnt crack. good luck . lets see some pictures when ur finished

·
Registered
905 Posts
i old owner screw me up bad. Nearly every part of the car is bondo even the fender cause me to not able to install the sidemarker. This seem very risky. if it come to worsei might as well repaint th whole trunk. Let just say all 4 holes have bond and i mange to installed it with little crack so is their anyhing i can do to prevent it from furthure crack?

·
Registered
798 Posts
body filler is not your friend. once it cracks it is cracked. cracked body filler allows water in and being that body filler acts like a sponge, its not good. i say dont do it unless you have enough money for another trunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts