Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've noticed on the very top of my itr rear seats is turning blue color, im guesing because of the sun? but i dont know. is there any way to get it back to black? my front seats are fine though.. any advice would help, thanks.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
sounds like fading. i dont know if there is anything you can do to fix it. you can get your windows tinted a lil bit or just put something over the top of them if your car sits out in the sun a lot for extended time.

·
Registered
906 Posts
My rear seats r doin the same thing. The seats are suede with cloth and they can be re-dyed. I was thinkin about doin it soon, before next summer.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
What I do is cover the top part whenever its exposed to the sun. Windows tinted also but the heat and the light will still go through. So just cover it with cloth.

Also what I do now is cover it with those sunshades since they reflect the sun. I have the aluminum type. Got it for a dollar at the flea market. Lol! Can't beat that.

·
Registered
2000 GS-R
725 Posts
I made a black Alcantara-like cover that goes over the top of the rear seats. I may have tinting, but better safe than sorry.

As far as dieing goes, make sure you use something that won't screw up the Alcantara & cloth material that they are made of. Also you may want to take care to not die the threading black.

·
Registered
830 Posts

Just use a couple sprays of that on the parts of your interior exposed to direct sunlight. Dash, seats, and the cover between the hatch and backseat are great places. I just spray the interior down once a month, takes about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can have seats professionally redyed at either an auto shop ( I've had luck w/ places that excel in hot rods) or either a furniture reupholstery shop. It's not horribly expensive, I dyed a pair of tan seats to black for $150. You can attempt to do it yourself, but I'd get a DIY book before attempting it, dye can be a s.o.b. to control.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Alcantra is sensitive ive had 2 pairs of those back seats. I honestly wouldnt try and dye it. I know of a guy that has the alcantra material in red or black that could reupholster it for you but it may be pricey...

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
dc2gsrintegra on Feb/07/06 said:

Just use a couple sprays of that on the parts of your interior exposed to direct sunlight. Dash, seats, and the cover between the hatch and backseat are great places. I just spray the interior down once a month, takes about 5 minutes.
Actually, 303 says do NOT use it on suede (alcantara is a synthetic suede).

Tint the rear window. You can take the car to an auto upholsterer, they will more than likely be able to re-dye it for you to factory color. Don't do it yourself or you'll risk ruining your seats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.