Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen an ITR at a dealership lately that they could give me the name of? My GS-R got rear ended and it is totalled.. I'm looking into new cars and would like to stick with an Integra if I can help it. Also A clean black GS-R might do as well. Prefferably close to orlando. If I can't find either of those for a decent price I might have to get an STI or WRX or S2K But I would perfer to stick with the teg as this is my third one and anything else just feels weird and not myself. So if anyone knows where I might be able to find either of those cars please let me know.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm planning on selling the motor if I cant find another GSR. I want to keep it if I can find a gsr or ITR to buildup for turbo. My mobility at the moment is just limited because I have no car that I can drive to any dealers to look.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have only seen one ITR at a dealership and really what are you gonna trade up to? Can you even trade up from an ITR?
The GSR is hands down going to be a better bet.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Shadowhunter on Feb/13/06 said:
Anyone seen an ITR at a dealership lately that they could give me the name of? My GS-R got rear ended and it is totalled.. I'm looking into new cars and would like to stick with an Integra if I can help it. Also A clean black GS-R might do as well. Prefferably close to orlando. If I can't find either of those for a decent price I might have to get an STI or WRX or S2K But I would perfer to stick with the teg as this is my third one and anything else just feels weird and not myself. So if anyone knows where I might be able to find either of those cars please let me know.
...I say save your money, keep the car, get a clean LS and do a GS-R swap. reason being: cheaper insurance and cheaper car; but with GS-R benefits (basically Vtec, a better tranny, and some stronger engine internals)...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, i work at Crown Acura in Clearwater. Which is somewhat close to Tampa. We got a dealer trade last week for a Black 2001 GS-R that i believe has 28k miles on it. It's going to be traded to another dealer this week, if you want, i can find out for you where it will be headed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Btw, the dealership i work for bought the gs-r. It's a black 2001 with almost 29k miles. It's a lease turn in and is 100% stock. I drove it today to our detail center and the car is being detailed and will most likely be on the lot tomorrow. So if your intrested send me a pm, i'm not 100% sure but i belive they are going to ask about 13,400 for the car. Which of course is overpriced and can always be brought down. Just keeping you up to date.

btw: The car runs fine and there didn't seem to be any problems. Of course our mechanics at the store will be doing a safety check and we will have paint/touchup guys to remove any minor dents/scratches on the car. Which i didn't really see any, but i didn't look too hard. I'm not a salesman so i really don't have anything to gain by selling this car to you :) just thought you might be interested.

·
Registered
291 Posts
That would be the way to go. ^^^^^^^^If you even find a type R at a dealer who knows what is wrong with it. Someone just wanting to get rid of a type R at a dealer is usually trying to get rid of a problem they don't want to deal with.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
MIKE-0420-GSR on Feb/25/06 said:
^^^i believe that the LS has stronger internals but i may be wrong.^^^
No, LS internals are not stronger. you might be able to use the psitons and rods for a light turbo application but i'm not sure how long that would last....

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
01usjdmr on Feb/27/06 said:
That would be the way to go. ^^^^^^^^If you even find a type R at a dealer who knows what is wrong with it. Someone just wanting to get rid of a type R at a dealer is usually trying to get rid of a problem they don't want to deal with.
I agree! other possible reasons for seeing an ITR at a dealership are seizures, repossesions, etc. and trade-ins for something twice as better and 5 times faster(rarely)....

·
Registered
17 Posts
So yea, if any of you guys are intrested in that black GS-R. You can call Crown Acura @ (727) 507-8866. I suggest you talk to John Pearson, since i think he's the nicest salesman. You can tell him i sent ya :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
platinumridah93 on Feb/28/06 said:
I agree! other possible reasons for seeing an ITR at a dealership are seizures, repossesions, etc. and trade-ins for something twice as better and 5 times faster(rarely)....
Or the ITR is HOT if you know what I mean

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would be interested but the guy who rear ended my car backed out of paying me so now I have to sue him(he didnt have ins)
So I guess this idea will have to wait for a bit, thanks for any and all help.

-Ed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.