Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

i just bought an ITR muffler for my planned exhaust setup for my 95 LS. I was going to fit it to some custom 2.25" catback piping for a light mod. Over the research i've done on the topic of using an ITR muffler on other dc2's, it states the ITR muffler has a 2.25" inlet, which ties into the ITR catback piping size as well. Problem is, the ITR muffler i've just bought measures a 2" inlet (this is measured right at the inlet hole, where the bpipe and other piping has been chopped. I only purchased the muffler itself.)
Now people might suggest I've bought a bogus muffler, but I got it from an acquaintance, and also, it looks EXACTLY like the muffler in this post--->

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothrea...t system? thanks in advance guys, Jon

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Sigh...

This info is so old it's got mold growing on it....

RStoR July 6/01 said:
There are actually 3 major restrictions in the OE (USDM)ITR cat-back. The two mentioned at the the cat/B-pipe connection and at the can, as well at the cat-back/axle-back connection. This connection actually reduced to under 2". My point was, the axle-back is not 2.25" piping as most people think. It is only 2". With the entire OE cat-back off, the reduction in size to the B-pipe was obvious. Hope that clarifies it.
the B pipe or more accurately B tubing is 2.25 in. OD. Tubing is purchased by OD. Piping is purchased from the supplier according to ID. Hence the difference in terms and the uneducated misuse of the term piping and tubing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.