Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is mostly for Surferx relating to his exhaust article which compares different mufflers. I know that the ITR muffler flows better than the other stock ones and I was wondering if you would compare the itr one with the stock mufflers or does as flow as well as the aftermarket chambered mufflers??

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Check my Type R Engine article and there's a diagram showing the difference between the mufflers. If you are only going for a mild bolt-ons setup on your RS the Type R muffler won't hold anything back. I believe the only problem with the Type R muffler is a bottleneck at the flange.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the bottleneck at the cat flange?

Yeah I'm only going to have i/h/c/e, I need to get a new exhaust, cat, and maybe a fpr.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flows 30% more, price depends on where you get it from

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Sorry to bring back an old topic, but do these look any different and what sound change is involved? I assume this is a simple replacement (doesn't need modification).

I'm seeing about $200 for the muffler...and about $25 for the tip. I really don't want a loud farty exhaust, and I'd like to keep a fairly stock look.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Man, if you all want to learn more about Bottlenecks, do a search for "Drucker" at google. As a Information Management / Business Process Reengineering mofo, I would also recommend that you all read "The Goal", by Goldratt, to further your knowledge regarding Bottlenecks. :p

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The ITR muffler canister looks pretty much the same on the outside as the regular Integra from what I remember on my LS. The main difference is the canister exit as the tip is a thin 3" slash cut type instead of the thick 2"-2.5" straight cut tip on the GS-R. I also remember vaguely my stock ITR muffler having some sort of "R" designation but I'm not totally clear on that. KLN has my stock exhaust so you can PM him or something to be sure. Sound won't be much different from stock, slightly deeper but don't expect to set off any car alarms in parking garages with it.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i was under the impression that stock exhaust systems were crush-bent. is this also true with the ITR exhaust? wouldn't it be better to use custom piping with an ITR muffler so you can get rid of the bottleneck at the flange and the crush-bent piping?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I thought that the itr exhaust was crush bent. I'm planning on swapping my comptech muffler w/ the itr muffler and keeping the comptech b-piping.
Comptech says the itr muffler will bolt right up to the comptech piping.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Where are guys/gals finding the type R muffler?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
www.thepartstrader.com is one of the best source

www.honda-acura.net is good because of the larger user base.

I also look into www.hondahookup.com's classified section.

Basically, the best places are sites with a large honda/acura user base's classified section.

Other good chances are to go to local meetups and see if any Type R owners are thinking about changing their stock exhaust.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I'm not a big fan of going to other boards to the classified section.

I was primarily looking for retail company's.
Timpac167: thanks again, though.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
would an ITR cat back mate right up with an LS without a lot of modification? i know it won't bolt on to a GS-R but i'm not sure about an LS... (tried looking it up on my helms manual but it doesn't include the type-r)

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Surf:
Do you know if there are any mandrel bends in the muffler section (axleback portion)of the itr catback?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts