Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
DeadLock23 on Aug/09/05 said:
why are you guys using hardware? are those the JDMShit lips? Mine was a comptech, made by Wings West, and all it used was the screws on the side wheel well area and double sided 3M tape, it holds VERY VERY well, never had a problem with it.
My lip is the same lip that JDMshit sells. I knew that the Comptech lip used 3M double-sided tape and I actually bought some incase I wanted to install it that way. But I decided to go with the mounting hardware method instead for a couple reasons. First, since I was undecided about whether or not to paint the lip, I thought it would be a lot easier to remove with the hardware. Secondly, with the 3M tape you basically only have one chance to get it on right. It basically comes down to personal preference. Both methods will work and give a secure attachment.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
zidenx on Nov/29/05 said:
Has anyone had any problems with these lips falling off while driving??? I've had two that fell off.

nope, and iv ran into a cardboard box at 70mph, all that did was take of a little paint, i was expecting my lip to be toast, and it was totaly fine. if you use brackets in the front, it shouldnt fall off... iv got the jdmshit 94-97 itr lip

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well the problem I seem to have is the sides coming off. The first lip I had, I only had one self tapping screw on each side and 3 brackets screwed on with self tapping screws at the bottom. I lost that one while driving on the highway. The second lip, I used two self tapping screws on each side and 3 brackets at the bottom. only this time, one side came off while I was driving and ripped off so now I'm left with 3/4 of my lip...

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
i've been having a hard time installing this lip. i've read this thread ATLEAST 5 times but it still doesnt fit right. if i get it to fit on the sides correctly, the lip doesnt look flush from the front. i have hte same exact lip as u except for the mounting hardware, i have 5 identical brackets instead of 3 short 2 long. as for the clip nuts, i couldnt find them at any hardware store. is there an alternative, such as double side tape, and which do i buy and how much do i need. also, how would i use double side stick tape when theres about a 1 inch clearance from the bumper to the lip.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If you have 5 identical brackets, that means you have the five for along the front and you are missing the brackets that go in the front corners. Not a huge deal, but the corners may eventually start to sag a little. You can find clip nuts at all hardware stores. They will be found right by the "spring nuts." Go to the store and ask where the spring nuts are, and once there you should quickly be able to spot the clip nuts.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
^^Also if all else fails...and what I had to do in a few places where I had difficulty with the brackets...use zip ties. Ghetto I know but it will keep it from sagging.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
No..I also wasnt able to find the brackets for purchase anywhere. You'll probably have to by some sheet metal and fabricate them yourself.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts