Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone kno where i can find information on transplanting all the internals out of a type r gearbox into a 93 ls box? i read in a magizine that they are compatible

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
It wouldn't supprise me if this was already done 5 years ago and post on one of the many hybrid sites.

I don't have any aspirations for taking on a chore like that.I mean, the thing *only* has 110 parts in it. Most of those little springs look perfect for jumping off the driveway into the grass, to never be found again. And when this happens, good luck telling the parts guy which one it was: "It's the little one! The L-I-T-T-L-E O-N-E!"

·
Registered
684 Posts
why not just swap the entire tranny out for an R one?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
clutch and tranny unit? the clutch is bolted 2 tha flywheel
what am i missing here?, my car is cable clutch, i have 2 have a cable tranny, btw i have a jdm b16 motor and cable tranny that i will swap in as soon as i get it ready and gather everything i need

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, i kno u kno ur stuff, and i'm not trying to argue, there's just some misunderstanding, and yes the clutch disc and pressure plate mate the tranny to the flywheel but the pressure plate is bolted to the flywheel with the clutch disc inbetween the two. what is involved in the conversion from cable to hydraulic? and what are the advantages to hydraulic over cable?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, so ya, i can slap in a hydraulic clutch gearbox, but how do i connect that 2 my clutch pedal? i dont understand how the hydraulic system works i guess, like i said, mine is a 93 cable clutch

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
hey sup ok so you say you have a cable clutch ok fine but i think the guy is saying that if you switch to a hydrolic system and have all the parts that you can do it ok so now you know it can be done you just have to research what all you have to do to do it i dont think any further detail can be obtained via the thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts