Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An aftermarket dealer suggested a ITR exhaust for flow but low noise. Any other suggestions for great flowing exhuasts with low noise?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
i'm going with the ITR exhaust setup. The whole system provides about 30% better flow than a gsr exhaust system. Other good quiet exhaust systems would be those with chambered mufflers like spoon or apexi. Just check out the exhaust articles on the site. The hytech or mugen double pass muffler has to be the superior muffler in flow and noise reduction.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
it'll bolt up..it's being connected to the cat, not the header. if you mean the lengths are different..yes you are right, for certain model years for the gsr, the ITR exhaust would be too short by 2 in. but we covered that already a million times here and a million times more on 5 other honda boards. if you don't know that then you must have been living on Mars the last 3 years.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I bought both the type r b-pipe and muffer on ebay. You can also check out recycler.com. They have stuff like that once in a while.

Fentoozler45- yeah, i've already taken that into consideration. I'm gonna get that stupid thing taken out at the local muffler shop before i put it in. I have to get the pipe cut down anyway because the guy who sold it to me had it on his GSR and he had put an extension on it. So I gotta get a shop to cut it to the right length and replace the bottleneck. Anybody know where I can get the part to take out the bottleneck. Can I just have them cut the pipe off at the falange and weld the falange back onto the pipe? Or do I have to buy a ready welded falange with some piping already on it?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
you can buy a tapered flange as shown in my article on the subject from SMSP and have the local muffler shop cut off the stock flange after the bottleneck and weld that tapered flange on...nice smooth transition for flow...but then you have a chambered muffler design with the ITR exhaust...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
michael... i pm'd smsp and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Oh well... guess i'll try again

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Michael Delaney on Sep/07/02 said:
he's back! where you been hidin' out man? haven't seen you around lately...
what's up, man? i've just been busy with other non-important stuff like work and school... lol i got my priorities all mixed up.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Michael Delaney on Sep/07/02 said:
btw even a 2.5 in. crush bent exhaust on a system that has a 2.5 in. header collector and cat is better than a 2.25 in mandrel bent exhaust placed on the same system...so it's not ideal but diameter is more important...you don't want to choke down the flow.
true that.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I got a 99 JDM type R swap and my exshaust setup is like this, 2.5" custom pipe from cat to the rear wheel and an axle back integra USDM type R. so this setup would flow better than type R stock catback but same noise right?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts