Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was jsut wondering if the (98)ITR exhaust(catback) and header would fit on a 97GS model.
Would i expect any performance gains with this application?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
From what I've been around, the JDM ITR hear is a better buy. If you didn't want to go that direction, DC Sports has a JDM copy-cat design.

As far as exhaust, I'm sure it's be covered in one artical or another.

From personal experiance, I've seen several GSRs with JDM hearders, 2.5" inlet/outlet cat, and 2.5" exhausts net 180 whp with VAFC tunning and '98 spec ITR cams. The ability to make power with this setup is there, one just has to tune and size for it.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Gvtec, you gotta fix that keyboard man.....your huked on fonics language is getting out of control.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Haha. It's the combination of a $8 keyboard that likes to repeat and the Wild Turkey I had at TGIFridays.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ne ways thanx for advice gvtec but does
this itr header/exhuast setup doing anything positive for my car?
i'm thinking of purchasing the exhuast for 150 Cad

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Ek.. didn't see you had a B18B. From what I've read about the non-Vtec guys going toward ITR spec headers is the header isn't properly matched to the output of the engine. I quickly scaned over the header article and didn't see anything specific, but I remember Surfer saying it was a no-no.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The JDM ITR 4-1 header I'd say definitely not for a B18B unless you've got internals modified. But the regular USDM 4-2-1 and 2.25" catback is adequate if you're stock, it can quickly become a restriction though should you decide to do more with your engine.

The Type R header-exhaust is slightly better, but it's not great. If you don't plan to do much to your engine and can get it for dirt cheap go for it but if you plan do on more serious upgrades to your engine in the future I'd pass.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
blubberbutt on Sep/14/02 said:
I have a quick question .. will a JDM ITR catback bolt up to a B18b exhaust system and what is the piping diameter?

Thanks!
yes it will but your 2 in. b18b exhaust system will choke it off too much. The minimum you should get is a 60 mm exhaust with a 2.5 in. cat and a tapered flange at the exhaust Bpipe bottleneck....did I hear an echo?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
chan_icon on Sep/14/02 said:
2.5 right ?
the jdm itr header collector at the end is 2.5 in. but the b18b cat and exhaust is way smaller and will choke off any big gain that you could have gotten from it. The ITR stock exhaust is 2.25 in. but you also need to get a tapered flange and 2.5 in. cat for it as well...it too will choke off the jdm itr header. The best scenario is a 2.5 in. exhaust but that would be too big for your engine if all you have is an intake...no cams/cam gears , no piston upgrade, no IM upgrade.

a 60mm or 2 3/8 in. exhaust can work if you use the tapered flange from SMSP for the bottleneck. I hear the RSR/Skunk2 60mm exhausts don't have a bottlenck at the cat flange...anyone confirm this yet (i.e. owners of one please respond after you checked just behind the b pipe's cat flange)?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts