Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the articles section and saw that 'its a waste' to get CTR/ITR cams. Does anyone have actualy experience with the cams w/ adjustable gears? My ITR's with AEM gears will be here tomorrow morning and the car is getting tuned Thursday. I've heard people gaining upwards of 15-20whp once tuned, while this article is saying 10 tops. I better not be throwing away $600 for 8-10 hp. Thanks for any info.

· Registered
5,555 Posts
It's not a waste, but if you payed $600 for a pair of stock ITR cams that's a little high. I think what the article meant to say is that it's a waste to pay more for CTR cams because the only difference is 3 degrees duration on the intake cam for 97-99 ITR only. The exhaust cam between CTR/ITR is the same as is the 00-01 ITR/CTR intake cam.

Expect about 10whp out of them, if someone said they got 20whp gain out of switching ITR cams in their GS-R I would ask to see their dyno charts. Talk is cheap, I've found that 75% of people talking about dyno numbers have never even seen a dyno before.

· Registered
2,775 Posts
surfex got a Q for u ,i have aem cam gears on my auto gs and i was wondering wut's a good cam too get too go with my cams gears i know the aem only has 3 bolts but I'm thinking of getting cams and then get a cat back then re dyno my car
thanks

· Registered
135 Posts
anyone have any charts to compare the skunk2 stage 1 with the ctr cams? i want to see what the midrange looks like.. i saw one chart on jdmfan, but thats not enough to justify getting them.. let me know if any of you have experience with skunk2 stage1 versus ctr.

· Registered
5,555 Posts
I don't know much about the non-VTEC cam upgrades. Crower 402 and 403 are the only ones I've actually heard much about. You may want to check those out.

For ITR/CTR cams check acuraautomotiveparts.net, I think I remember them selling 00-01 ITR/CTR cams for $220 each or so.

· Registered
21,139 Posts
GangStarR420 on Oct/18/02 said:
Got any of Skunk Stage 1 vs. Toda As?
no because they are considered in the same group or category if you look at their cam specs in the cam spec article. A person shopping for cams would not dyno 2 of the same kinds of cams in the same engine. They usually upgrade. So unless there was a great cam test which would take days if not weeks since you must tune after each cam install on the same engine, you are rarely going to see people show a dyno of going from 1 cam to another in the same spec range.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.