Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the articles section and saw that 'its a waste' to get CTR/ITR cams. Does anyone have actualy experience with the cams w/ adjustable gears? My ITR's with AEM gears will be here tomorrow morning and the car is getting tuned Thursday. I've heard people gaining upwards of 15-20whp once tuned, while this article is saying 10 tops. I better not be throwing away $600 for 8-10 hp. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
It's not a waste, but if you payed $600 for a pair of stock ITR cams that's a little high. I think what the article meant to say is that it's a waste to pay more for CTR cams because the only difference is 3 degrees duration on the intake cam for 97-99 ITR only. The exhaust cam between CTR/ITR is the same as is the 00-01 ITR/CTR intake cam.

Expect about 10whp out of them, if someone said they got 20whp gain out of switching ITR cams in their GS-R I would ask to see their dyno charts. Talk is cheap, I've found that 75% of people talking about dyno numbers have never even seen a dyno before.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The $600 is with 2 Adjustable AEM Gears as well. Well I guess 10whp isnt all that bad, we'll see Thursday when I get it tuned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
its all in the tuning. if you tune it correctly, youll see much better results, so take the time. with gears its just givin up some bottom end for top end.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
surfex got a Q for u ,i have aem cam gears on my auto gs and i was wondering wut's a good cam too get too go with my cams gears i know the aem only has 3 bolts but I'm thinking of getting cams and then get a cat back then re dyno my car
thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
anyone have any charts to compare the skunk2 stage 1 with the ctr cams? i want to see what the midrange looks like.. i saw one chart on jdmfan, but thats not enough to justify getting them.. let me know if any of you have experience with skunk2 stage1 versus ctr.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I don't know much about the non-VTEC cam upgrades. Crower 402 and 403 are the only ones I've actually heard much about. You may want to check those out.

For ITR/CTR cams check acuraautomotiveparts.net, I think I remember them selling 00-01 ITR/CTR cams for $220 each or so.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i got mine for $175 for set of 2000 itr cams off from my buddy, it was used about 35,000 miles since he upgraded the toda camshafts from japan. i am wondering how much to dyno cost? anyone? thanks

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
dynotuning is usually around $100/hr, at least that's the price of my local shop. it may take a few hours to tune cams. read the dynotuning article on here.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
GangStarR420 on Oct/18/02 said:
Got any of Skunk Stage 1 vs. Toda As?
no because they are considered in the same group or category if you look at their cam specs in the cam spec article. A person shopping for cams would not dyno 2 of the same kinds of cams in the same engine. They usually upgrade. So unless there was a great cam test which would take days if not weeks since you must tune after each cam install on the same engine, you are rarely going to see people show a dyno of going from 1 cam to another in the same spec range.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts