Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some itr cams and springs on the way to me and a vtec controller lined up for me. already have the adj cam gears. i have read that a FPR and a FP guage are needed to tune the new cams when taking it to the dyno. also a upgraded fuel rail is recomended. my question is do i have a starting point list for parts with the new cams: FPR, FPG, fuel rail, vtec cont. what else is needed/suggested when doing the itr cams install?? any advice is welcome, thanks (b18c1 N/A motor, w/ OE intake manifold)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are 97. not to sound like a dick but,
"And yet the 2000-2001 ITR's make identical power to 1997-1999 ITR's!! There's no advantage in getting CTR cams for a B18C. - about 8-10 peak whp gain properly tuned." MD's article

the rets are included with the cams and springs so why not, ya know

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what? i must be misunderstanding the article. i read the article and did read the 3 deg ctr cams but i did not think there was a diff between the itr cams. so the list looks ok then? thanks for the Fuel Rail post

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
use a good assembly lube, lather it on, make sure they're at TDC, do your valve lash, get new cam seals and valve cover gasket and hondabond them, and you'll have to move the GSR stock VTEC higher and adjust the fuel delivery and timing. make sure your valve springs are installed at the correct clearances and height. Forget the fuel rail. you'll want a single stage IM or port your stock IM.

when you play with the intake cam gear , retard 3 degrees and see what 3 degrees more valve opening on the tail end of the intake stroke and the start of the compression stroke gives you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how do i check for the correct clearances on the valve springs? do they have to be installed a certain way? if they are not to specks how do i correct them? the single stage IM (like the skunk2 or edel.) is a must have now or could the stock IM work until i get more $ also how would the power band act with the stock IM, should i get the single stage before i take it to the dyno and have it tuned?

in regards to the intake being retarded 3 deg. do ya think i should set it at this when done with the install or set them at 0-0 at first?

if there is anyone running this setup, what pressure is your FPR set at? just so i will have an idea before i make it into tune.
thanks again

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Helms manual.

yes they do.

you adjust with shims to reduce the clearance or you machine to add clearance. just measure though: measure twice do once.

nothing is a must now and if you're happy with the power goal achieved then you may not need to get it (I have no clue as to what your plans or goals are) but each package requires a new set of tuning settings and so if you spend money to tune for the cams with a stock IM , you'll have to do it again once you get the single stage IM to restore the balance of the engine or what i call reharmonizing the engine's other parts to the new added part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.