Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting aftermarket coilovers and want to know if I should just resuse my stock upper mounts or get ITR ones? What all do the upper mounts consist of? should I just get ITR bushings?

Thanks, any help appreciated...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
The ITR upper pillow ball mounts are very high quality. Unlike the stock rubber ones, the ITR mounts are almost completely solid. This prevents unecissary shock movement.

While not quite as good as spherical bearings, for the price they are hard to beat.

I am running ITR pillowballs on all four corners. (note: you have to by two pillowballs per corner, so 8 total)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree. The itr bushings are a harder rubber compared to non R hat bushings. Or you can try the poly bushings for the hats.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Oohhhhhhh... So those bushings actually do something? I just figured that ES put those bushings in their suspension kit just for the bling factor of having red bushings on the top of the shocks. I replaced mine when I did my whole suspension in ES polyurethane.

Just curious, will replacing those shock bushings alone actually make a noticable difference or is it just they "theoretically" help stabilize the shock?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Styleteg, this is great! Based on what you said, I should just purchase 8 ITR bushings (no. 8), right?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
white_rice on Feb/11/04 said:
Oohhhhhhh... So those bushings actually do something? I just figured that ES put those bushings in their suspension kit just for the bling factor of having red bushings on the top of the shocks. I replaced mine when I did my whole suspension in ES polyurethane.

Just curious, will replacing those shock bushings alone actually make a noticable difference or is it just they "theoretically" help stabilize the shock?
i felt the difference when i put the es pillow mount bushings in,so no there not just for looks,and mines are black so it function over fashion..

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have the shock mount bushings too. The ES kit (if you don't have the full mount kit) comes with bushings for the lower LCA too. This should make a more predictable ride and better steering response.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hmmm...$30 +shipping for the ES bushings (P/N 16-8102 & 16-8103), or $75 + shipping for the ITR bushings. I'm pretty sure the ES stuff will last longer, but I'm not sure which one is better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts