Team Integra Forums banner

121 - 140 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
The rotrex is a centrifugal setup which will have a little slower spool (full boost ~2500-3k). Looking around on their website at the compressor maps and guestimating that you want about 250whp, I would recommend that you go with the C30-64 blower which will deliver the mass flow you need of ~.26kg/s. Garrett's article says that you'll need to run about 10psi of boost, but I have no idea what size pulley you'll need to run.

If I were you though, I would switch over and run a roots style blower like the jackson racing setup for the sheer response of a roots style blower over a centrifugal setup. I have a friend with a ported M62 which will reach full boost of 12psi at 1200rpm. Here's a setup that Jeff Evans tuned a while back which was a stock B18C1 (gsr engine) with 440cc injectors, an LHT aftercooler, and a 3" exhaust:

Here's an ITR at 5psi with the JRSC tuned by Jeff as well:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
^Those graphs are beautiful. Great track set ups. The ITR on 5psi with the JRSC making 200 WHP, and a solid 145+ TQ curve, that just might be the ticket.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Yup! Jeff had an ITR @ 9psi that made just under 260whp IIRC. He was commenting that if it had had a GSR intake cam it would have picked up about 15lbf-ft across the mid range and another 5-10lbf-ft up top.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
With the roots type blowers, you have to make sure that IATs are reasonable. I would say the LHT aftercooler is an absolute must. Otherwise, there will be major HP losses due to heat soak.

In this regard, the Rotrex is superior, but alas there will be quite a bit of modification involved to make the Rotrex fit since it doesn't rotate in the correct direction to make it a direct bolt-on. You will have to fabricate a mount and pulley system to reverse the direction that the belt rotates. I know this only because I've seen another European Integra owner do it.

Also, you can make a turbo setup work for the track. If you choose the right setup, and take extra precautions with regards to heat shields and better cooling (oil and water), then it should be fine. All things considered you have way more options with the turbocharged setup, since they really only make that one M62 blower for our cars.

Finally, since this will be your track car, have you considered doing an engine swap? Is it hard to source K24 motors in your neck of the woods? Think more HP and torque than those supercharged setups, but with a naturally aspirated motor... :)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
stealthpenguin on Dec/27/10 said:
With the roots type blowers, you have to make sure that IATs are reasonable. I would say the LHT aftercooler is an absolute must. Otherwise, there will be major HP losses due to heat soak.
The 5 PSI set up wouldn't generate enough heat to need the cooler I wouldn't think. At 200 WHP and 150 Ft/lbs of torque it doesn't seem like it would be necessary. However if he wants more power later then yes it would be beneficial.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
sgtmillhouse648 on Dec/27/10 said:
Yup! Jeff had an ITR @ 9psi that made just under 260whp IIRC. He was commenting that if it had had a GSR intake cam it would have picked up about 15lbf-ft across the mid range and another 5-10lbf-ft up top.
Wow thats impressive! Especially to someone like me who has a VTEC motor and is already looking at more power

That intake cam makes a really big difference. I am wondering what kind of numbers I would be looking at with the same set up and PSI on a GSR engine. Time for some researching.

And to the OP: That 5 psi graph looks very promising, not to mention its a very conservative set up that wouldn't degrade reliability too much.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Dustin96LS on Dec/27/10 said:
Wow thats impressive! Especially to someone like me who has a VTEC motor and is already looking at more power

That intake cam makes a really big difference. I am wondering what kind of numbers I would be looking at with the same set up and PSI on a GSR engine. Time for some researching.

And to the OP: That 5 psi graph looks very promising, not to mention its a very conservative set up that wouldn't degrade reliability too much.
Go over to the evans tuning forums and take a peek around the dyno section...note that the first chart is a GSR engine :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Thanks guys and that graph is awesome Malhoun thank you! I am not in a hurry in this and my mind is pretty much made up for the ROTREX SC. It looks like none of the major builders (JRSC in the states ROTREX in Europe) will be making any for the B series anytime soon. So, I guess it will be a very slow build since I will have to somehow research, build, research and rebuild a mount and pulley system on my own till I get it right.

In the mean time I'll continue with to the easy mod updates. I drove 6 hrs today to pick these bad boys up. Can't wait to get them cleaned and installed and of course test them on the track!!!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
o0o, such sexy seats :]

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
You might check your local building products store (something like home Depot or Lowes) because they do rent steam cleaners! And most of them have a detachable hose piece that would be perfect for steam cleaning your seats. They loosk great!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Ls4Integra on Jan/14/11 said:
I like the red recaros, but personally, I've only seen it once, I think the yellow recaros. with the black rears and yellow stitching.
I have not seen a yellow one in person. I think they would look pretty cool in a PY ITR but Im afraid it will get dirty real quick.

121 - 140 of 200 Posts