Team Integra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong (because I know all Dyno's tend to differ in their readings) but 160whp sounds dead on for an stock, 9 year old Type-R.

By the way, that thing looks absolutely amazing...I'm jealous hah.

·
Registered
260 Posts
you must be thinking of an ls, rs, se, gs. those cars have 140 hp. gsr has 170 hp, and type r is suppose to have 190. to the wheels you will have less hp.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine put down 163whp a few months ago. Had an aem cai with stock header and exhaust at that time.
159whp sounds like it's right in the ballpark

·
Registered
681 Posts
Okay so what is your problem? I think you're not reading your numbers right because it's clear to everyone else. You have 159whp which is about right for a Stock Type R

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree. 159TQ is wrong. 159whp is dead on. TQ is probably between 120-130TQ. My built LS/VTEC only put down 133TQ.

But very nice car. Looks good. Have fun with it. Forget about 1/4 racing, that thing belongs on a road course. Trust me, it's a whole different ball game.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
You guys were right. This made me want to go get another copy since it did not make sense. I believed a friend thinking he knew what he was talking about since he's dyno'd several times and this was my first. Here's a crappy pic of the dyno sheet:

looks like I got 183 hp at the crank, 156 who, and 129 torque. Looks like I should've cleaned my airfilter before the dyno.

BTW, the guys at the shop do not deal with Hondas too much and were amazed how the numbers shot up when VTEC kicked in. They were like "that makes it look like you have a mini turbo in that engine"... LOL

·
Registered
298 Posts
That is a confusing dyno sheet, I haven't seen one that looks like that. It looks like the graph is converting it to crank hp #'s and not wheel hp.

Nice looking R, keep her safe!

·
Registered
57 Posts
nutbuster123 on Oct/22/10 said:
Did a Dyno to get base line numbers just in case I decide to mod her someday. Interestingly enough, she managed to get 159whp*. Thats about 20 more hp from stock. Could be the equipment though because I swear this car is stock.

Edit: *159 torque to the wheels not 159whp.

Everyone should also keep in mind he dyno'd on an AWD Dyno so the numbers are going to differ from an FWD/RWD dyno seeing how AWD cars have alot of drivetrain loss

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. An AWD dyno will not affect his numbers at all. If the rear rollers are not spinning then they are not taken into account essentially his rear wheels are creating 0 tq. That graph is whp, unless they estimated a drivetrain loss and entered in the wheel size and gearing that the pull was done in they would not have calculated the crank hp.

Mike

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
So Ive been contemplating Turbo or Supercharging since I brought her home and today I decided to somehow fabricate a mount for the ROTREX superchargers. I dont want big HPs I just want a little bit more for the track (Nurnburgring etc).

I'll probably be hitting you guys up for ideas on how to tackle this when I'm ready.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
I really like the last shot.

A supercharger setup will do better over a turbo with the reduced heat. The super charger setup does matter though. I'm not familiar with the Rotrex setups but the Jackson Racing setups do have a tendency to eat belts. I would make sure to always have a second belt in your list of spares of that you bring with you to the track.

101 - 120 of 200 Posts