Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 gsr and i am planning on getting a drag III, i dont have the money for it yet. So i was thinking of getting something that i would need when i get the turbo. Other than gauges what should i get?? I was thinking of getting a vafc, or a clutch or something. I will have stock internals for a while so ill only have about 6 or so lbs of boost. does anyone have some suggestions? thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Things you should get:
1. AEM fuel rail (to help tune the turbo)
2. MSD 6A BTM (for ignition spark and retard timing)
3. 450cc or higher injectors
4. Skunk 2 or ITR intake manifold
5. Turbo Timer
6. Pistons, rods, and resleeve the block
7. ITR cams
8. Vtec controller or VAFC (includes air/fuel adjustments)
9. Boost controller or AVCR
10. Fuel Pressure Regulator
11. Block gaurd or strengthen the block

~These are just a list of some not all of the things you can consider getting before turbo. In my opinion if you really low on cash get the Skunk 2 intake manifold, AEM fuel rail, Turbo timer, and block gaurd or other methods of strengthening the block. These items should help you run 9psi on stock internals easily. Since your getting the drag III kit, i would also recommend a larger intercooler b/c the kit comes with a rather small intercooler than other kits. Goodluck

·
Registered
693 Posts
sleepy gsr on Aug/08/02 said:
I have a 94 gsr and i am planning on getting a drag III, i dont have the money for it yet. So i was thinking of getting something that i would need when i get the turbo. Other than gauges what should i get?? I was thinking of getting a vafc, or a clutch or something. I will have stock internals for a while so ill only have about 6 or so lbs of boost. does anyone have some suggestions? thanks a lot
Read our Turbo FAQ in the Articles section...Should answer alot of your questions.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Also I'm looking to install a turbo .. as of right now i have the actual turbo, as well as some other things like BOV wastegate, etc, can someone list everything that is ABOSULETLY needed for the turbo to help me so i don't forget anything, as well as things that are recomended, any suggestions/comments will help thanks a lot

btw everything is pretty much stock internals, plan on getting a skunk 2 IM in the near future

another question i have the cold air intake and i know that if i get a turbo i have to take that off, what else would i not be able to use with my turbo, that might be a stupid question but again anything helps

thanks a lot

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
ACURAintegra98 on Apr/02/07 said:
another question i have the cold air intake and i know that if i get a turbo i have to take that off, what else would i not be able to use with my turbo, that might be a stupid question but again anything helps
You don't have to get rid of the cai. I used my aem cai for charge piping from the intercooler to the throttle body.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Uh...theres one article that basically outlines everything you would need for a turbo setup. I dont know why you didnt look there first. I would read a little more before you slap this stuff on there because I havent even heard of you getting any type of standalone yet...

·
Registered
319 Posts
integragsr6 on Aug/09/02 said:
Things you should get:
5. Turbo Timer
7. ITR cams

~These are just a list of some not all of the things you can consider getting before turbo. In my opinion if you really low on cash get the Skunk 2 intake manifold, AEM fuel rail, Turbo timer, and block gaurd or other methods of strengthening the block. These items should help you run 9psi on stock internals easily. Since your getting the drag III kit, i would also recommend a larger intercooler b/c the kit comes with a rather small intercooler than other kits. Goodluck
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? haha and after spending $10,000 on that he might have enough for the kit. Almost all of that is completely unneeded for a turbo set up that will get between 200-275whp. The only things that would be needed from that list would be larger injectors and some type of fuel management...preferably a standalone since you're already OBDI.

Just read the articles and research. Start with a goal and determine what you will use your car for and go from there. I'd compression and leakdwon test your motor and perform all the maintenance you can afford before modding the motor.....way less problems down the road.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
integragsr6 on Aug/09/02 said:
Things you should get:
5. Turbo Timer
7. ITR cams

You might want to rethink that list. I am pretty sure you don't need the fuel rails, itr cams, block guard, pistons, rods, resleeving the block, or a vtec controller/VAFC. And there is no point in changing out your intake manifold, it won't make a difference in this case.

Stick to the articles and read, read, read.

EDIT: Nick beat me to it. oh well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts