Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does an article about individual throttlebodies sound to you, MD?
Apparently, the guys over at Honda-Tech knows jack about ITB's (only a selected few have ran ITB's, but can't give much useable info). Let's get into tuning horn lengths, diameter, runner length, injector position, tapered vs straight horns, carbon fiber vs metal air horns, etc... How about tuning issues with ITB's with stock sensors, idling, engine behaviours after ITB's, etc... The only article about intakes are about short rams and CAI's, we need to get something more advanced up there

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
you're a sick man Tony....

don't you have something else to do? I mean most people would die for 219 whp and a broad torque curve on their all motor GSR...but noooooo, Tony wants to run down unsuspecting Subaru turbo WRX's, turbo MR2's and civics, and other overconfident FI cars who diss all motor B18C power.....LOL

Of note, out of the 5 ten second et all motor runners, only 1 is using a DC2 chassis (acid dipped Skunk2)and 1 has ITB. 1 has dual TB's (AEBS/R&D). The other 3 are using (resonance tuned ???) single plenum IM's. Kinda tells you something about the ITB's doesn't it?

I say use the money to get 2L from a bored out, resleeved block instead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote: I say use the money to get 2L from a bored out, resleeved block instead.You mean this?

13.5:1 ENDYN RW 85mm Pistons, 85mm Golden Eagle resleeved B18C1 and ITB's to go on top of that. The beast will be ready for break-in this weekend

·
Registered
550 Posts
DAMN! Wayne (canuck mx-6) is probally selling his JUNed out B18c and going with a new resleeved b18c1 with 85mm Wiseco pistons and eagle rods. I guess theres no replacement for displacement once youve basically maxed your motor out n/a. You guys are all crazy, but i like it
. Toronto is becoming the home of n/a built b18c's.

·
Registered
301 Posts
All I can say (in a cheasy British accent is) Jesus my son, that's one mother u don't want to be messin with...lol

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Tony, by all means I support your fanatical desire for what the sane masses call "impossible" or "not worth the effort". I'm with you. My only issue is money. I work 48 hours a week, not including school, just to get what I want for a high HP normally aspirated engine package. God protect me from what I want...

I don't have a life, I even dumped my girlfriend so I can pursue this dream. I bug the mess oughtta Tuan, too.

on a less fanatical note, I would also like to learn more about ITB's. Back in the day when I was just learning basic physics these ITB's totally got me by the balls. It just didn't seem right to go from a tuned *long* length (for n/a engien pacakge) to get air to reach mean flow velocity to individual throttle bodies that have only a fraction of the length of the runners/TB/cai tubing. Perhaps the plate in the ITB's controls conduit flow velocity by simulating changes in diameter? It's late....I'm going to bed...I've got school tomorrow.

·
Registered
318 Posts
He guys, anyone knows how well a 65 mm JG edelbrock TB is in a 95 GSR, with a AEM CAI and 4-2-1 DC header?
Tony? any suggestion!
what will the TB do with my current 1/4 mile of 15.10?

Regards,
Rishi
(Dutch Carribean Islands)

·
Registered
457 Posts
250 all motor is very impressive. I hope that you can do it that would be a great accomplishment.

·
Registered
301 Posts
125 hp per litre is a hell of a lot. Any more insanity than that and you would have to go F1 (650bhp on a 3 litre V10)

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
uh, the current Williams BMW FW24 chassis P82 engine revs to 19,000 rpm and makes 890 bhp in qualifying trim. If you have a Borders bookstore near you, there's an estimate of all the current F1 3L V10 engines in Race Tech magazine this month. The BMW is on top. Ferrari and Ford Cosworth tied for second. McLaren Mercedes third. The Honda is second to last only beating out the Asiatech (nee outdated Peugeot) engine.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ouch that's way more than I guessed. So when do we get pnumatic or hydrolic valve lift with a 19,000 redline? And when's Honda going to get there arse into gear, or better yet when will other teams stop poaching the Honda technicians?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
speaking of Soichiro Honda...im doing a 4-6 minute speech on the History of Honda Motor Co...so i'll be doing some research.

but, aye..i too would love to see an article on ITBs!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts