Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've noticed that when I start the car after its been off for any amount of time it cranks over for up to 30 seconds before it fires over. Once it does it hesitates for a half a second then starts just fine. It runs and drives just fine after that but always takes a while to start. It turns over quickly so I assume it's not the starter. I've tried with a new battery and it's the same.. I've tried replacing the main relay and that didn't fix it. I have new injectors and a new fuel pump installed as well. Plugs, wires, and distributor are all brand new as well. It's properly timed and everything.

The previous owner claimed to have done the fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter but I personally haven't done those so I can't say for sure.

So where do I turn from here? Everything I come across leads to the main relay or the battery.

Grounds? I have some wire could make up some better grounds if that could be it. Any ideas are appreciated.

I will say I think its fuel related.. if I prime it 2-3 times it starts normally... no check engine lights..related to this issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I've noticed that when I start the car after its been off for any amount of time it cranks over for up to 30 seconds before it fires over. Once it does it hesitates for a half a second then starts just fine. It runs and drives just fine after that but always takes a while to start. It turns over quickly so I assume it's not the starter. I've tried with a new battery and it's the same.. I've tried replacing the main relay and that didn't fix it. I have new injectors and a new fuel pump installed as well. Plugs, wires, and distributor are all brand new as well. It's properly timed and everything.

The previous owner claimed to have done the fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter but I personally haven't done those so I can't say for sure.

So where do I turn from here? Everything I come across leads to the main relay or the battery.

Grounds? I have some wire could make up some better grounds if that could be it. Any ideas are appreciated.

I will say I think its fuel related.. if I prime it 2-3 times it starts normally... no check engine lights..related to this issue.

Run a Fuel pressure gauge on the system. make sure there is ZERO fuel pressure to begin with. Turn key but DO NOT START. you should see fuel pressure building up. what does it build to? Do this test with trying to start as well. to me it sounds like a fuel pressure regulator or a plugged fuel filter, but if it is a fuel filter. general operation while driving if you stab the pedal to the floor it should bog, due to the lack of fuel flow through the filter. A good tip is to replace the fuel filter every 20K-30K miles as preventative maintenance. My friend has a RSX that has an issue similar to yours but his resolution was the intake manifold.
Run the fuel pressure test and let me know what you get

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for that info man I appreciate that. I was thinking it could be the fuel filter because it does bog down when I smash it.. not a ton but there is DEFINITELY a restriction happening. It feels about the quarter strength of the drag of an AC compressor firing. Noticeable enough to concern me but not crazy enough to suspect a clutch or anything slipping.

I'll change that out though since I have a spare filter and definitely get a gauge on there to check on things.

Thanks again brother, be well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts