Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I drive a 99 GS-R w/ almost 70k miles (like driving the car too much :) ). I got an excedy kevlar plated clutch, comptech ice box and intake. I ran a 15.97 as my fastest time. That was my 1st time to the strip, and I plan on going back the friday after this one, hoping to get closer to mid 15s. I started having problems w/ wheel hop. Just wondering (now to the real question), would the energy suspension kit on suspension bushings help w/ wheel hop at all?

Ogi

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
If you get the energy suspension motor mount inserts it would help.

The other option is Z10 Radius arms, which don't cause any difference in idle quality. Motor mount inserts are nitorious for translating some engine vibrations to the rest of the car. Weither or not its enough to bother you is going to depend person to person =)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i was wondering about those radius arms. I was looking at some other ones (at www.modacar.com) and they were saying that its recommended to remove for street use. I noticed that the z10 radius arms didn't say anything about that, however I was wondering why the other company would say something like that about their product, and would the z10 radius arm share the same issue.

Ogi

·
Registered
7 Posts
The reason Moda doesn't recommend their bars for street use is the fact that their bars do not allow for complete suspension travel, and your turning radius will be affected... they are really for drag use only (which doesn't require turns...)

Z10's traction system, though, can be used to eliminate wheel hop on both the track and the street... Z10 will tell you their bars are for off-road only (as most aftermarket parts will disclaim) but I know for fact that they retain complete suspension travel and will not affect your steering for the road racing application...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Great to know, thanks for the information WRacergirlX. I wondered if the Z10 arms would effect the suspension :D

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Z10 arms are great, definitely you can use them on the street. For a cheap fix the poly inserts can't be beat though with slight steering wheel vibration at idle. To me it was barely noticable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts