Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a 95 Integra LS from one of my buddies. He blew the engine and wants to give it to me for $300. I was quoted by a local speed shop $2.5-2.8k to drop in an LS engine, or $4-4.5k for a VTEC engine. THey also said I could go with a turboed LS engine for about the same price as the VTEC swap.

I currently have a Nissan Maxima and I could drop the $4000 on a turbo kit from the same speed shop. With the Maxima kit I could easily be putting down ~350FWHP/TQ.

I am sure I may hear some biased opinions since I am on an Integra forum. Here is the web site for the speed shop www.PFIspeed.com

ProsPekt

Also another question I had. Will the LS driveline(axles) support the VTEC swap or the turbo LS, given I have the proper clutch?

·
Registered
997 Posts
why don't u just get a GSR head and put it on the LS block?? Run you about 1000 for everything so i've heard

·
Registered
2 Posts
MeltMan on Aug/01/02 said:
I hate to say it, but put down with the maxima. If im not mistaken, they are inline 6? That would own just about any teg if you can stand the looks of a maxima...
I love the Maxima, and it has tons of power as it is right now, but I don't own it staight out, so it is costing me every month. I take 16 credits at Colorado State U., so I can only work part time. That doesn't leave me with much money to mod both cars.
BTW, it has a 3L v6 (VQ30DE).

·
Registered
378 Posts
Those stock maximas put out like 220horse. That's a lot, but they are heavy. A single turbo on a honda is going to be wayyy more efficient.

Bro, I am also taking 18 Cr hours in enginnering- save your money for now and buy a good car when you graduate. it ain't worth the hassle IMO.

·
Registered
119 Posts
if u dont buy that teg for 300 bucks let me know where hes living and ill buy it...id love to own one for that cheap...id maybe ditch my gsr then or something

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I believe he just meant the engine nic6paul, not the entire car.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
maxima out acceleratted me easily yesterday we both came onto highway same time im in full afterburner hes 2 or 3 cars back b4 i got to 60 he was gone gone gone srry if off topic just commenting what the guy said about maxima

·
Registered
59 Posts
No i think he meant the actual car without the engine, hence the speed shop quoting him prices to drop in an engine.

BTW... feel your pain on the college/no money thing, i'll be back in that situation in 4 weeks going from working 50 hours a week to taking 16 credits. Guess its supposed to pay off in the end, or something ha.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For $300 bucks the integra will be a hell of alot cheaper putting in a turbo motor or LS/Vtec you could build a rocket for less than the cost of a turbo on your maxima, but in the end its up to you.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Uhm, why would you put a honda motor into a maxima, that is already faster than an integra? hook up the maxima.. You dont have to have an integra motor to be fast..

---EDIT---
Just reread your post, if your getting an entire integra out of the deal.. Go for it.. But if its just the motor, a LS block in good shape can be found for 600-900.. If its the car go for it, if it the motor.. screw it..
---EDIT---

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Why don't you steal the maxima engine and put it in the integra and sell the bone left overs of the maxima? That way you can get a integra with decent 220 hp? heh jk..

300 for a 95 LS + 4.5k for a good engine is one good price. I had to pay 7500 for my LS 96 AT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts