Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would never put that on my car. FAKE and CHEEP. Its worth spending the lil extra $ on somthing that will last. If you are looking to not spend alot of $ i would look into the JDM DCsports header or JDM ITR header (both 2.5" collector)

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
how can you guys make any statements about how good or how bad it is without knowing the specs, the guy's powerband location preference, and flow needs for his peak power ? We've been down this road before...

It doesn't look like the real JDM Jun 4-2-1 though. It does look like a JDM ITR 4-1 though doesn't it?

So if we give them the benefit of the doubt and say we just call it an ebay standard length 4-1 with a 2.5 in. collector, I can tell you what I wouldn't do with it:

I would not use that spacer adapter to go with a stock cat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thats not a JUN copy. JUN headers look more like the T1R header. That looks to be a Spoon replica. I would love to know the specs on that thing.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
notstock93 on Feb/02/04 said:
Thats not a JUN copy. JUN headers look more like the T1R header. That looks to be a Spoon replica. I would love to know the specs on that thing.

the Spoon is a hybrid 4-2-1 with extremely short secondaries. It's not a 4-1 like this ebay header (if you look at the header purchasing guide article here or my header selection article at Automotivetech.org).

if you want to see in comparison a true serious hybrid, extra long, 4-2-1 for a 2.5-3 in. system (1.8 and 2L), these are truly extra long secondaries (in comparison to those dinky Spoon stubs):

ebay...what a mess.

·
Registered
829 Posts
no one said it was not fake, what he was asking is if its worth buing the thing. stefan525

The only way to know is to get it put it to a dyno test and compare it to a JDM ITR header or a Spoon header and the stock. Then you would know for sure. stefan525

·
Registered
829 Posts
I can tell you that the clearance is not that good. my friend has it on his gsr and it sits low. But the header its self looks strong.

Dyno testing is the only way to know if it maks power or not. And even the same header on diff. car can make power in diff. areas of the power band. stefan525

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
All I can say is that you cant compare a $150 ebay header to a $1000 hybrid. I can say that the "SS autochrome" makes good products though. My brother has a 240sx and most people run that turbo manifold because its braced and doesnt crack like most/all of the $800+ manifolds. This in no way means that a B-series header they make is going to produce power though, just means it wont break...which last time I checked wasnt a big issue on our cars anyway.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
can we at least stop calling it a Jun header?

he asked if it's any good or not. unless you have something objective then who's gonna know? you need specs at the very least to compare if you can't get a dyno or a 1/4 mile time.

and you better fuel tune on the dyno to see it's
potential.

you won't get anyone disagreeing with you about " you can't compare a $150 ebay header to a $1000 hybrid.". If you want to make a plug for that company that's fine but you know there's nothing objective about any info on this thread about it's "quality". Hype is one thing. Reality is another. And frankly the honda boards have way too much of this hype.

Did yo guys hear about this stuff? You know....The stuff about moderators getting money under the table to hype a product on some other honda board? That just makes me laugh. I guess there's no meaning to what the Japanese call honor any more. If these people want to be someone else's ***** then so be it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts