Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up these rims a few days ago. Didn't realize there was these "rashes" around where the plastic cap in the rim goes. The picture's flash photography accentuates these rashes, they are not that bad in person.

Is this some type of clear coat failure? And how can I fix or patch this up?

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
if it looks like ur rims have flakey dry dandruff.. then its definitely the clear coat flaking..

when i sold my blades they were peeling away at the lip.. considering i left them outside in black trash bags they got all this ugly rust/fading/peeling clearcoat.. musta been the acid rain.. ur's look to be in pretty good condition..

back in dec of 97 when u bent my rim on a curb.. the bodyshop fixed/refinished it and stripped the clearcoat off..(the rims were so new they didnt have replacement blades) i had to polish it withe metal polish every other week cuz it would dull.. i guess they didnt re-clearcoat it because aftermarket clearcoat yellows after awhile..

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I have the same problem...so the only way to get it fixed is to refinish it? How much would that run?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
You could easily do it yourself. Get some heavy duty paint stripper, and some duplicolor clearcoat wheel paint.

Strip off the paint, polish the rims to your liking, then spray a 3-4 coats of clear on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.