Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 1991 integra GS hatch...

I have already posted on this once but now the lady lowered the price to $1500...here are the problems

-3rd and 5th gear syncros are bad, i will have to swap the tranny...500 for a 'new' used tranny

-Need new tires

-Engine has little oil leak, probably head gasket, can do myself over the weekend...

-And somthing is up with the enviromwent controls, they tell me its 150 to fix...

Is it worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
The question is, is it worth it to you? I mean does that sound fair to you? A lot of the time people will come here and ask if it's worth it...but in what sense? Something is worth something else to another person. Hell, if I had the money, I would buy it and just get a whole new engine for another 2-3g's, and then replace other things(clutch, etc, etc.) But thats the REAL question. Do YOU think it's worth it? How much money do you have, and what are you planning to do with it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its got 150k on it, the motor runs strong its just the tranny that has issues, well at least at this point...

It is worth it to me cuz i live in idaho and these cars are VERY rare here, no one has them and the people that do dont sell them...and i would like to learn from fixing the car myself, i think it would be fun.

thanks for the replys

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also i dont have the 2-3 g's to buy a new motor...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the way, those of you with this car, i loved it on the test drive, but do you other owners like your 91's?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
hmmm I have a 90 and love it...the stance...everything about it pretty much sure vtec would be nice but I'm very content with the b18a
Hope that helps.
Later,
Jared

EDIT: Also just to see have you looked the car up on like kbb or something like that???

·
Registered
319 Posts
vicious is right! if it is worth it to you go for it. my uncle has a 90 integ and he likes it. he did some minor mods and stuff but vtec would be nice! are u considering an engine swap? anyways go with what you instincts tell ua nd if u feel like u want it then go for it

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you want to put the work into a G2 go for it. I personally would do it. If nothing else and you trully hate the car just sell it you probably won't be out any money. Just my .02.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote: pirate252 on Mar/04/04

-Engine has little oil leak, probably head gasket, can do myself over the weekend...

Hopefully you mean valve cover gasket. Much cheaper than the Head gasket =]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.