Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed recently that my car has been making a weird whirring noise or something when i downshift. i took an audio clip from my phone and converted it to mp3 for you all.

the knock noise is me accidentally hitting the phone into the glass when i hit record.

click me

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could this be the throwout bearing? or does that make a different noise

ive only noticed this when downshifting and i think i have heard it once in 1st gear from a dead stop

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
So uh...I was reinstalling my interior and dash and stuff today and guess what I found? A brand new throw out bearing on the carpet

only thing I can think of is that my friend forgot to put it in the flywheel before we installed everything...*sigh*

What exactly does it do and how ****ed am I for not having it in there?

and sorry for thread jacking.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:

when i woke up this morning i had to drive my car to work. the same mysterious noise happened again.

then 8 hours later i get back in the car and drive it around because i was going to take it to my tuner to have him check it out. and lo and behold the noise didnt happen. i drove it for about 15 min downshifting alot at different speeds, it mainly happened in 3rd and 2nd.

also. in the morning i noticed that if i rev it up before the downshift the sound didnt happen.

so does anyone have any clue what was making that noise?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.