Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, At the local dealer there is a 2002 RSX Type S
Mods are:

Comptech Header, Skunk2 Cat back exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, ADR 17 Wheels, Rear Camber Kit, AEM CAI, Comptech front sway bar
and it has 32K miles, dealer lists the car at 22.5
In addition, full factory warranty remains with an additional 12/12 b/c the car is certified. Powertrain to 100K.
They guy who bought it lost his job and had to trade down or go broke.

I have an unmodified 2000 Blk/Blk GSR with 29K miles, I have my aftermarket system with Pioneer 9300 HU and polk speakers all around

The dealer offered me 6100$ difference for the trade in, so that would be my cost of upgrading. Is this worth it? Could I get more for my car if I sold privately? With the dealer price, they are giving me roughly 16K for my car.

Thoughts? The RSX drives like a dream and the miles are supposedly all highway.

Oh, and if private is the way to go, anyone want a 2K GSR blk/blk no mods? It may be on the selling block soon.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
22.5 for the rsx sounds pretty good but there is one thing to consider. contrary to what most people think adding modifications to a car actually lowers the price because you have just lost a great number of people who would be interested in it. ie, parents, the elderly, well basically anyone that is not interested in modding cars. people look at that rsx and think, "its been driven hard and the parts on it will make it run harder as well." although this type of thinking as we all know can be incorrect in alot of cases, that is what people think who are not into modding cars. just giving you a perspective because dealers tend to hang on to this type of cars. they arent the best to sell. and for the price of your teg, i think you could sell the gsr on your own for a bit more. low mileage gsr's are becoming very rare, and are going for alot more money than you would think. im sure alot of people on here will tell you have they got their gsr with 50k on it for around 17. if i were you i would try to sell my car privately and then pick up the rsx. hope everything works out for ya.

·
Registered
144 Posts
no..not 6100..the dealer is offering the rsx for his car and 6100 more. he said..he'd be getting approx. 16K for his current car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Never trade in your car, man. Dealers always beat you down when you trade your car in. Especially if you have a GSR, it should be pretty easy to sell to private parties. Of course, if you don't want to do the leg work of posting your ads, answering phone calls, doing test drives, etc... then the dealer is the way to go.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think private is the way to go, any thoughts on the RSX is that a good price w/ those miles? it has all acura options 'cept body kit (so basically fog lights plus all that comes with the type s). Brande new they are 24K

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The GS-R used to cost wholsale about $16,800 brand new so you're not going to get any dealer to pay you more than $16k for a used one. I'd definitely sell it private party you'd get much more out of it.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
31k miles is quite high for a one year old car... I would try and push for a better deal, you have a valuable trade in.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I think that it is a decent deal. The $22.5K is high for the used Type-S (I paid less than that for mine brand new), but the $6100 upgrade price isn't bad. Also consider that you will only pay sales tax on the $6100 which is a savings of around $1000 over selling yourself and paying the dealer the full amount, depending on the sales tax rate.

If you want the mods, go for it. I don't think they have more than $18K into the RSX, so they have room to build up your trade-in value.

Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Personaly I'd just go trade your car in and be driving the RSX tomorrow instead of waiting for you car to sell and possibly missing out on the RSX, just a thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts