Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to cheat the smog test becasuse im not passing smog, my car is high in the hydrcarbons. i have a highflow cat, i was wondering if there is any divice or cheat i can do before smog, i was thinking of getting falanges put on my cat so i can change it out before i take it to smog and then put the old one back in, and just use the other cat for smog. do you guys have any suggestions i searched it on the posts already.thanks oh yeah i tried the garanteed to pass crap that didnt do crap. i changed out spark plugs and put new ones in still didnt do nothing.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
You need to get legal...this is not the place for "cheating" something your required to do. It sounds like you have a test pipe. They don't work at all.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
You might want to change the title of the thead then. Otherwise do a full tune up. If that doesn't work..then you have something majorly wrong.Here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are you failing on the 15 or 25 mph test or both and what are your numbers? The most likely reason for not passing is the high flow cat, they just don't seem to burn off as much as a stock cat does. Also how is your timing? If your timing is off it can also cause a high hydro reading.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
A test pipe is a "cat" that looks like a "cat" but doesn't do sh*t. Have you passed the test with this cat before? I'm not saying it is a test pipe...just want to make sure.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its failing both idle and 2500 rpms it measures 152 out of 100 on idle and 2500 its 257 and the max allowable is 130

·
Registered
617 Posts
is your CAT at the nominal operating temp when you did the test drive your car around a bit before you test, if that still fails,
get a tune it, CAP, rotor, spark plugs, and wires. and make sure your timing is to stock specs. i had find out the hard way. i hads to pay 600 bucks for honda to diagnose my car. so make sure all that is good and then go from there

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i drove it a long ways to get it tested, my timing was set back to stock 16, and i changed to new sparks

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
it's supercharged so have you taken to get fully tuned? not a tune-up but tuned at a dyno??? this could help and I have no clue if it actually works but there are additives that guarantee you to pass or they buy the product back from you...don't remember the name though

EDIT PuraGas no clue on the price of it

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
what brand...this stuff if I read correctly claims it can even replace the cat
may have read it wrong though...and if that didn't help have you had the car tuned on a dyno???

1 - 20 of 46 Posts