Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend just got a 1999 accord coupe he has a pioneer 8500 head unit and top end infinity 6x9 in the rear unamped. It bumps pretty nice for what he has. I am in the process of installing my 6.1 infinity kappa perfect components in the front, infinity 62.5 speakers in the rear and a infiity kappa perfect 12 dvq sub in the truck. my interior and my sub are being powered by two alpine amps. I have a pioneer 6500 HU and everything is completly dynomatted. I was worried that it isent going to be as loud and clear as i want it to be. what do you guys think? will mine blow his away. it seems like the 6x9's have alot more bass the the 6 1\2's

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well if your looking for sound quality you'll likely sound better... There is no such thing as an "accurate" 6x9 simply because of inherent negative charactoristics.
Plus if you have a 12 and he doesn't there is no way he'll move as much air as you therefor he can't be as loud, right?
If your system is set up right you'll be louder and sound better as well

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
how is anyone in the world going to be able to tell you if YOU think that system is "enough"

some people are happy with stock stuff, some aren't happy unless they have 3000 watts going......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
morningz i thanks for all the arcticles i used them to mount my components with the mdf and take apart my interior, it was a HUGE help. Im was great sound quality from my interior speakers, and great bass from my sub. My 6 1/2's arent really made for bass, thats why you have a sub. is there a big difference when they are amped. I am amping the interiors with an alpine mrvf340. its taking awhile because i have school and work everyday.

·
Registered
264 Posts
There certainly is a HUGE difference when you amplify a speaker. You can drive it harder, much more difficult to blow, plus you can tune more with the built in cross over in the amp. Cross your fronts over abit higher then your rears and don't turn your rears up as high to maintain a front biased sound stage.
Keep in mind if thats not loud enough you have to atleast DOUBLE your power to the speakers just to hear a difference. If you hit 100db,with 100 watts you have to push 200watts just to hit 103db. Crappy deal but thats physics for ya!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.