Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
yup... no way around it... it's easy though... 7-8 bolts across the top, a few up in the fender corners, and of course the few on the bottom. you need to gut out the entire old air intake. including the resonator box in the fender

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My resonator and tubing is already out....The previous owner had a AEM CAI but had it removed.

·
Registered
395 Posts
if it is a two piece then you could easily install it by jacking the front up a little bit. If the resonator and everything was still in, then you would have want to take the bumper off for easy removal of the resonator.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
You can do it without removing the front bumper cover. If you remove the passenger side fenderliner it's possible. It's just harder to get the resonator out. I personally have not tried to remove the resonator with the bumper cover still on so I can't really say on how to do it.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
i removed my resonator with out takeing the bumper cover off or jacking up the car all you do it turn the wheel all the way to one side remove the liner and go at it but it was a mofo to get that resonator out took me 20 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
hell you don't even have to jack up the car, I didn't. just turn the wheel all the way to the right as far as possible and remove half of the wheel well cover, you'll find want your need to remove as you go, the resonator will fit it's tight but it will come out pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i guess it's safe to say that the first reply has been shot down.

you don't have to remove the bumper. with some patient maneuvering, the resonator will come out with the tubes and all... it's just finding the right angle. i removed the passanger side front wheel. took me 45 minutes.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Count me in with the peeps that 'didn't remove no stinkin bumper'. (he,he,he)

But seriously, I didn't. It actually didn't take too long to do it this way either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts