Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a 01 integra with a b18b1 motor and a type r 5spd, I’m just wondering if running the motor at 4200 rpm for 2 hours (roughly time it takes to get where I gotta go) is going to hurt the motor severely?Because as of right now my 5th gear bearing is going and I can’t risk having it wear more and have bearing flakes in my transmission fluid so I only have 4th gear as a potential highway gear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello. How many miles are on your engine/ transmission. How does the motor cool?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a b18b1 also, I cruise the interstate every day for work...which is about an hour away my rpms are usually around 3200, but my engine and tranny have 190k on them. I have no problems with mine even if I do a down and back (about 2 hrs) I would say whatch your temps and if you can keep your rpms lower the less your chances of danger, optionally you plan to make a pit stop at certain intervals to give the car some cooldown time. Make sure you've got enough oil and coolant. Ultimately it's your call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah there’s a few stops along the way so I’ll make sure to give it a rest every stop and probably do a little under the speed limit to keep rpms down, thank you for the insight

·
Registered
60 Posts
Let me know how it went. I'd be interested to hear what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts