Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and I did not see anyone that had done this so I just thought I would inform people that you can connect an iPod with the stock. It also works with my Alpine deck.

For the stock deck I had to get the Alpine auxilary connector which connected to, where my wifes old CD changer was, the MBUS connector. From that you can just use a minijack to RCA's. Then I got her a cell phone holder for her to put it in. She loved it.

The best part is she made me go get one for my car

So I got the AiNet adapter that went to AUX and it works just the same. I have heard that there will be a new way to connect the data port of an iPod to be controlled by the head unit.

flip.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I also have my ipod hooked up to my headunit (pioneer) along with xm radio. I don't know what I would do without them because the radio stationes here in L.A. suck.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the SF Bay area they play way too many comercials. It's like two songs and then 15 minutes of comercials. They even repeat the same comercials in the same span.

Did you connect yours using the RCA to minijack or through the iTrip FM Modulator?

flip.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have 15 GB iPod set up in my car. I have the belikin fm transmitter but it does not work well in buffalo. I had a local shop order the a pioneer cdbr-10 adapter to plug a direct wire into the back of my pioneer unit. nothing beats an ipod.

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
i tried to use this piece to feed my Nomad Zen's output into the AI-Net stream, but i experienced bad "hummm" with the adapter in line... ah well, between XM, mp3 cd's, and the 6 disc i got hooked, i have more than enough sources (never mind the ability to play DVD's too, lol)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Flip,
I used rca to mini jack because I've heard that fm transmitters and modulators not have that good of a sound quality.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vicrimo,
The FM modulators do have a humm to them and can be choppy at times. The adapters I used came from an Alpine dealer here in the Bay area. Both the AI-Net adapter and the MBUS adapter come is Alpine boxes. The transfer of audio is great. No hissing, humming, clicking or otherwise.

flip.

·
Registered
478 Posts
dohcvtecinteg,
that's funny because I think the other way around. I like the rock station you guys have down there. I can't remember if it's 105.3 or something like that and I guess you are probably right about power 106 but that's not my kind of music.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
MorningZ on Feb/21/04 said:
i tried to use this piece to feed my Nomad Zen's output into the AI-Net stream, but i experienced bad "hummm" with the adapter in line... ah well, between XM, mp3 cd's, and the 6 disc i got hooked, i have more than enough sources (never mind the ability to play DVD's too, lol)
Ugh...don't tell me that, haha. I'll be using a similar setup on a friend's deck and his iPod soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was wondering if any of you guys have pictures that you could post of how you've mounted the mp3 players. I'm considering doing something like this myself, but i'm curious as to how i should mount it and how it would look.

Thanks.

Dave.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stock go with the neo ion www.mp3yourcar.com that is what i have and it works great. hooks to your cd changer port so the sound is quality like the apline and bmw units.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts