Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents just bought a new car and had this ion emitting device installed by the dealer. It came with a lifetime guarantee against rust. Here in Canada, it is pretty common to have your car sprayed with rust inhibitors on an annual basis (either krown rust control or 'oil gard' or something like that).
I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with these things? I figured it was worth looking in to.
Here is a link to a website that seems to be a similar product
http://www.geebungautomotive.com.au/CounterAct Warranty.htm

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, never heard of it, but I got a question...How does that not play with the existing electronics in an automobile. I mean, I've been in some new cars and they have everything short of a kitchen sink, LOL.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Any new factory car will have a coating on all exposed metal and body/frame. I think it's a zinc coating but not sure. ANyway it keeps the metal from rusting. It's the pre 1975 cars (maybe even later) that do not have this coating and are in danger of rusting through. So I would think this "device" is justa gimick and isn't needed. Besides, if it's emmiting ions, it'll probably be blamed for causing cancer in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts