Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to preface this by saying I really have no prior Honda experience, but here I am.
Last week I was at my race and the car barely started with pouring some seafoam down the intake, and when I went for practice, the car definitely wasn't at 100%. The previous race I did the car went into Limp Mode or something after 30 laps and gave me almost no throttle to get back to the pit. This time it happened WAY earlier around lap 5. ALSO, after it cools down it starts up semi-fine again.

I was thinking it could possibly be the spark related, perhaps the distributor being off timing since it's only held on by one bolt. Other ideas included the MAP sensor, corroded connectors in ecu, or broken wiring between the MAP and ecu. The the only stuff I was told about that is it's "Converted to OBD1, and has a chip with a base tune on it."

Unfortunately I'm in NC so no real way to troubleshoot as of right now.

Here's the race video from last week.

The main areas are the general tractor-ey sound at 11:15 and the last gasp for breath at 14:27.

The other areas I want to point out are at 45 seconds, 3:02, and the bad acceleration at 9:30.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sounds like the car is misfiring. Here are the things I would look at:

1. Spark plugs
2. Spark plug wires
3. Timing
4. Distributor needs 2 bolts at the very minimum
5. Distributor cap
6. Distributor rotor
7. ICM
8. Fuel filter
9. Fuel pump
10. Bad (old) fuel
11. Compression
12. Valve adjustment
13. Grounds
14. Vacuum leak
15. Wiring
16. Injectors

I may be missing a few things but that should give you an idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I ended up temporarily solving the issue. I replaced the wires,fuel filter, fixed a vacuum line on top of the Throttle body, replaced a ground, poured some injector cleaner in it and gave it a fresh tank of 110 octane. What really fixed the issue was when I mechanically advanced the timing, which made it run great. As soon as I took it out onto the track however, it started going back to the same issue. I checked the distributor post race and it didn't move at all. I could barely get it off the track by stabbing the throttle multiple times. It almost feels like a warm problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts