Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry if this is a noob question, but I did search.

The intermittant position on my wiper switch does nothing; the other positions do what you expect. I'm guessing it's probably the delay relay; I can see it on the schematic in my Chilton (the only manual at Schmucks), but can't find it on the car. Maybe I'm just not enough of a contortionist to work under the dash.

Where are the wiper relays located on a Gen 2?

Is this a common thing to go out? Should I be looking at the switch instead?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Look by your fuse panel in the cabin. Your relay is there. It should have six prongs on it and I believe its labeled as "wiper relay."

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have a similar problem...the low setting sometimes functions as intermit. setting. It often switches while its on...slow then fast for a few min, them back to slow. No clue what it is tho :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hey Tom, I think your problem is the switch itself. What you're describing I've never seen before, and it certainly isn't the relay. The relay is for the intermittent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually , on the 2nd gen integras, the Integrated Control Unit (ICU) controls your intermittent wipers. It also controls the rear defroster delay, sidemarker lamps, door chimes, and a few other things. It is located behind the drivers side fuse panel. They are expensive at the dealers ($200), but salvage yards sell them for around $5. The swap isnt that hard, but I just do without the intermittent wipers, and defroster, lol. Good luck.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sam92teg on Apr/21/04 said:
Actually , on the 2nd gen integras, the Integrated Control Unit (ICU) controls your intermittent wipers. It also controls the rear defroster delay, sidemarker lamps, door chimes, and a few other things. It is located behind the drivers side fuse panel. They are expensive at the dealers ($200), but salvage yards sell them for around $5. The swap isnt that hard, but I just do without the intermittent wipers, and defroster, lol. Good luck.
Come to think of it, my door chime doesnt work all the time, neither does my "you left your key in the ignition, idiot" chime...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with SAM92TEG

My buddy has a 92 gs, had a similar issue with rear defrost hardly working/Intermittant wipers falure

I got him an ICU from the wreckers for next to nothing.. presto fixed the problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts