Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been eyeing the JDM armest eliminator but of course, it only comes in black (and my interior is tan). I wanted to see if anyone has had any good experiences with painting interior panels to match the factory tan color. There are threads on painting plastic panels, but I wanted to know if there's a particular color that seems to match the factory "taupe" (tan) very well.

I'd like to make sure I know what I'm getting into before I ruin a perfectly good JDM armrest eliminator.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
Dan why would you want to lose a perfectly practican armrest, with storage space compartment.

I have seen posts with people painting tan pieces black, but black is easier to match I think, even if the shade is off, it wont be noticable,

But the tan, it will stand out more to the eye, deff use something esle to paint, made of the same material that you dont need and do color comparisons before doing the final product. Goodluck

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
integrapunk67 on Jan/28/06 said:
You can mix paint to match the interior color... the color code located next to your exteriors paint code. That would be the best way to get a match.
John, do you think a 7+ year old interior color is going to be very far off from the original? I'm assuming that sunlight and use have faded it slightly.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DeadLock23 on Jan/28/06 said:
Dan why would you want to lose a perfectly practican armrest, with storage space compartment.

I have seen posts with people painting tan pieces black, but black is easier to match I think, even if the shade is off, it wont be noticable,

But the tan, it will stand out more to the eye, deff use something esle to paint, made of the same material that you dont need and do color comparisons before doing the final product. Goodluck

Frankly I really don't use the center console to store anything. I guess I'd need to see the eliminator in person to tell if I really want it or not.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Jan/28/06 said:
Quote: integrapunk67 on Jan/28/06You can mix paint to match the interior color... the color code located next to your exteriors paint code. That would be the best way to get a match.

John, do you think a 7+ year old interior color is going to be very far off from the original? I'm assuming that sunlight and use have faded it slightly.
I dont think it would really matter on the arm rest, and if it came down to it the color could be tinted to match if it wasn't right. A normal body shop could probably do this for you, i see all sorts of A pillars and random interior pieces all the time.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
i bet you could have it wrapped in tan leather and you can take swatches to see if they match you seats.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
The realistic question is, how much are you worried about it matching? If you want something thats close, but not perfect, eh, you could get by with some rattle can.... If you want it to match perfect... well then you'll pay the price. Doing stuff the best way possible isn't about being cheap.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Calling this thread back:

I recently ordered a pair of custom kick panels from Qlogic. I kind of picked the wrong color, so they turned out like this:

So, I'm wondering if anyone have tried rattle can paints to match Taupe interior. I don't wanna bring this to a shop. What color do you think would match best?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Why not just take a small interior piece in with you to the parts store and see which color seems to be closest by looking at the tops of the cans? It seems like common sense to me.

·
Registered
552 Posts
DremnJDM96 on Feb/18/07 said:
Why not just take a small interior piece in with you to the parts store and see which color seems to be closest by looking at the tops of the cans? It seems like common sense to me.
You're right. lol. Why didn't I think of that. Thanks for the tips

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.